under arn stabbing pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kblackie55, Sep 5, 2008.

1. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

has anyone had shooting pains in their underarm
  2. LaurieS

LaurieS Member

I have had this on and off for about 6 years. I believe mine is sore lymph nodes (they are located in the underarm s well as behind the knee and in the neck). My understanding is that this is a common symptom of CFS. Somedays it is a pulsating type of pain, other times it is a stabbing pain, and somedays nonexistent, but it's always the underarm lymphnodes.
    Hope this helps...
  3. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I get them everywhere. Used to just be in the tops of my legs but not anymore.

Lymph nodes are located in several areas of your body; head, neck, underarms, groin, chest, and abdomen. It could be that but not always if it's pertaining to fibro. I don't know much about fibro--although I have it--but my doc told me that much. Usually, there's a tenderness in an isolated area if it's pertaining to lymph.
  4. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

I have had this as well for 1+ years and went to docs many times complaining of a burning, stabbing pain more so in the left than right. I had numerous ultrasounds and mammograms which they found fibrocystic disease in breasts and even though the cysts were causing pain, this pain was a different burning. After the ultrasound came back clean, I finally diagnosed myself with FM and confirmed by rheumy. That pain lasted for a little over a year and has eased down but still flares every now and then if I overdo exercise.... Definately an uncomfortable pain though...
  5. ulala

ulala New Member

are a symptom of lyme disease. Have you been tested for lyme or is there any chance you could have been bitten by a tick?

I used to get stabbing pains and pains that felt like a bee was stinging me. I later tested positive for lyme.
  6. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

my underarm pain went down into my left side and i started getting pain like the pain i get from shingles. i thought that maybe they were connected. but lymph node pain makes more sense.