"Under Our Skin" film question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missizzy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Good Morning--Does anyone know when the documentary about Lyme Disease, "Under Our Skin" will be formally released? I've watched the wonderful and moving clip on youtube and carefully read the website. I see that they have scheduled "showings" but am wondering when it will be released to the general public.

Any info?

2. frango2

frango2 New Member

I did at the Open Eye pictures website. I don't know if you still can. I also think if you go to the website it shows cities and dates where it is playing.
  3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Are they planning on releasing this to theatres, does anyone know? How about video stores?

4. frango2

frango2 New Member

If you go the website for Open Eye pictures and click on Under our Skin, then go to Enter Website, on the left side there is a link to screenings. You can see where it is going to be playing by City and the date.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

from their website:

Please note we are not "officially" releasing the DVD until we have secured broadcast and/or theatrical distribution. But we realize the movie has been a long time coming and many people are anxious to see it.

In an effort to respond to the needs of the community, we are offering now a "preview edition" of the DVD. This is a play-only version with no menu, DVD extras or special packaging.

We will eventually be releasing a DVD package with extra features, including closed-captioning and a detailed study guide. The movie is the same in both versions, and the DVDs will be similarly priced.

It's only $34.95 + S&H, not bad at all... I want to get it, but, I know I'll be depressed.... I have watched bits/pieces & it always makes me cry...

BUT it is definitely something to show someone who doubts the enormity and severity and the seriousness of Lyme and its co-infections.

all the best,

6. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Victoria and Frango--Thanks for the scoop. I really wish this film could have a major release. I wonder if they've ever considered the Ashland Independent Film Festival. The directors of this festival live across the street from me and my daughter-in-law is their event planner. The AIFF is getting larger and larger every year. We had Helen Hunt this year as a presenter (in little bitty Ashland!!). I even loaned a toddler bed for her daughter. That's my connection to celebrity status--pretty impressive--huh?

I'll put in some good words for the film. I think it would be very well received here. Don't you think, Wayne?

7. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

I've been looking for this link and want to buy it. I think it is useful for many to watch.

All the best,