Under our Skin screening this Saturday

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by sorekitty, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I am going to see the movie Under our Skin this Saturday afternoon. My mom is coming with me. I am so excited and can't wait to see it.

I just posted that I had my bloodwork for Igenex WB test taken today. So I don't know if I have this.

I'll let you all know how the movie is.

Molly
  2. vcamlin

vcamlin New Member

Just curious!
  3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

It was supposed to be at a library in San Diego. They have been having problems with the media at the library and are planning on showing it at a later date:(

I found out about the screenings on turnthecorner.org It's in the June issue of Self magazine that someone on this bb mentioned!

I am so disapointed. Maybe there will be a showing near you. Check it out.

Molly
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I sat through the entire hour and forty minutes this afternoon. For those who want it, you can still probably grab it off btjunkie, do a google search.

It's an excellent movie. It talks alot about the seriousness of Advanced Lyme Disease and how the medical community is covering it up because the insurance companies don't want to pay for long term treatments. And they also show how everyone is always told it's all in their heads when its not.

The movie did show that some of the patients were better after several years on IV antibiotics, so there is hope out there.

They showed how tiny the ticks are, too, and how you can pick up more than one in just a few seconds of walking around grassy or wooded areas. This was scary. Like, I wouldn't go in those areas without a biohazard suit after watching that.

And they talked about how ticks don't just carry Lyme. They carry a whole disease cocktail of several different organisms, so we get co-infected. Like, no wonder we're sick.

It's a really good film.