Underweight w/CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spartanjt, Aug 20, 2003.

1. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Hi All-

First, I'd like to say that i've been participating on this forum for a couple of months, and am amazed and appreciative of all the folks out there who are knowledgeable re CFS and its symptomology. I truly do appreciate the info i've gained here, and i had thought that after 10 years of dealing w/this stuff that i had read and researched just about all there was to know about it.....but, that's not the case.

I've posted before re. the brain fog/equilibrium problems that i've experienced, which i'm working on some things related to NMH and adrenal function which seem to be helping a bit there..........

But, i also wanted to ask if anyone else has problems w/the inability to gain weight?? I'm 6'1" and I went from about 190 lbs down to 150 lbs about 4 years ago. I've stayed at the lower weight over these past few years, despite having an excellent appetite, eating a pretty good diet that is yeast, alcohol and sugar free. I seem to be eating plenty of food, and i've even added in a rice protein powder to my diet to try to help put the weight back on, but to no avail.

Maybe someone out there who has the same problem, has some ideas as to what caused the weight loss, and what to do to add back a few of those lbs.

Thanks again to all.....

JT

[ advertisement ]