Unimportant Gossip,,,,,

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, May 8, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

There is this guy named Mike Evans who reports all the Hollywood Gossip every morning on the local Radio station,,,,,,,Anyways,,,,

He said: "Did you know that Barok Obama is a closet smoker?",,,,,"That won't go over to well in the white house since it's a non-smoking place!",,,,,,ummm no i didn't know that!

But then he said,,,"It worked out somehow for Laura bush who reportedly smokes a pack a day" ,,,just a little un important gossip,,,,,,,lolol,,,S
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I heard this before about Obama, and Laura Bush I had known about.
    However, I heard that as a condition of his running for president, Michelle Obama read him read him the riot act about the smoking and said she would only support his run if he put an effort into becoming a non-smoker. So I believe he's struggling with that as well. Talk about pressure...

3. Danille

Danille New Member

Cigarettes are a horrible addiction. Obama is using nicotine gum, as I am. I hope we are both able to make it.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats a great incentive to Quit! Becomming President!,,,,I do Hope he is succecsful!

Laura,,,i never knew about!,,,,wouldn't have thought it!,,,,although when i was a Nurse/Therapy aide there were alot of Doctors and Nurses who Smoked,,all around us,,,,They always said it was a major stress reliever for them!,,,,,,,,But sadly it is also an Addiction,,,,,,,,Sis
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

This morning I went to the cardiologist's (a huge office) for a carotid artery test, echo--had stress test last week--all's perfect. Anyway, as I was leaving the CARDIOLOGIST'S office today, a few of the CARDIAC NURSES were gathered right outside the door, at the beginning of the parking lot, puffing away. It almost choked me to walk through that cloud of smoke, Ironic, right?

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats what i'm sayin! The people who you wouldn't think would or should Smoke Do,,,,,That is kind of Ironic!,,,,,lolol,,,Hope your test turns out Good!,,,Sis
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes cigarettes are horrible to quit but at least we have medical help now like the nicotine patches, etc. My husband quit smoking in 1992 and I believe if he had continued smoking, he might not be here today.

He feels better in every way.
  8. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

My daughter works for the Amercan Cancer Society and as a requirement for her job had to quit cold turkey. She did it with welbutrin.

Her boyfriend isn't allowed to smoke around our events, nor are the volunteers.

My sister, who lives on disability finally gave it up when she ran out of food and cigarette money this month.
  9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Laura Bush is a smoker?? Is that true?
    She does NOT seem like she would smoke at all.
    Obama- eh, doesn't surprise me that much. I guess when we don't see someone doing it - we assume that they don't.

We know Bill Clinton does - or cigars anyway...LOL
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

PVlady,,,,I'm so Glad your Husband was a Succesful Quiter!,,,,,,it's got to be a Very difficult task!,,i've heard it said that the Nicotine addiction is worse than Alcohol,,and or herion,,,,,

Kelly~~~~Great For your Daughter!,,Good work she's doing also!,,,,it's funny the Volunteers smoke,,,i guess you just never Know,,,,,,,,

Jana~~~ This is reportedly a true fact about Laura Bush! I couldn't believe it eighter!,,,,,,She's a Librarian and a Presidents wife,,,,must be a stress reliever for her too!,,,,,,Lolol,,,,,,,,Bill used to smoke more than cigars,,,,,lolol,,,,but he didn't inhale,,,,so it didn't count,,,,,,,,,LOLOL,,,,,Yeah right Bill!!,,,,...S

[This Message was Edited on 05/11/2008]