Unknown Heat Pain

Discussion in 'Ask the Doctor' started by boomy, Oct 19, 2014.

  1. boomy

    boomy Member

    Hello, I am a 19year old guy and these past two years ive been occasionally been getting chest pain and i get no answers about what it could be.
    I must admit that this started in result of smoking marijuana. At the time i had smoked already for years with no problems, but one night i smoked a little bit and i started loosing my breath, my heart was beating fast and i started panicking. That was the worst feeling i felt like my heart was about to stop. After a couple hours i calmed down and was back to normal. The thing is that it didnt stop there, the next day and every single day i would feel that like if my heart is about to stop or explode, getting light headed and feeling like im loosing my breath.
    Doctors have told me that its must be that it takes time for marijuana to leave the body, but its been about two years already. I've also been told it might me stress but i have no stress in my life.
    These past few month i have been feeling way better, but i still sometimes start feeling bad again.
    I must also admit that i havent been having the healthiest lifestyle, which means, i dont really do any physical activities cause im home all day and i also dont watch what i eat most of the time.
    I must also add that No, im no longer doing any bad stuff. Other info , im 5 feet 9 inches i weight 128 pounds.
    Any coments or idead would be helpful.
    Thank You :)
  2. jkennedy

    jkennedy Member

    Hi, Boomy. Goodness, 5' 9" and 128 lb is so thin, especially for a guy.

    I don't know what to say about your symptoms. I hope another member with more knowledge speaks up. It does sound like your doctors should take you more seriously if you've had these symptoms for a couple of years.

    Do you know how your blood pressure runs? Do you get lightheaded and a pounding heart when you stand up from a sitting or prone position, or does position matter?

    If the pot you smoked a couple of years ago was adulterated and set off your symptoms, I don't understand you still having symptoms so long after.

    It's good you are taking better care of yourself, but you might consider working in exercise, even if you are home most of the day.

    I have an old WI Fit, and when I'm home, I step up and down on the platform for 30 minutes while watching TV or listening to the radio. I don't use the software anymore, just the platform. You could use any kind of platform that's a couple of inches high and heavy enough to be secure when you step on it.

    I'm 56, and if I could go back in time, I would have taken better care of myself when I was your age. It makes such a difference when you get older.

    Best of luck!
  3. HelenEmery

    HelenEmery Member

    Hello Boomy,

    You should really consult a doctor about your condition as early as possible. Things can be cured and sooner everything will be back to normal again. I am concerned with your situation right now! Hope you are doing good! Good luck!
    MurielElliott likes this.
  4. MurielElliott

    MurielElliott Member

    In that case, you need to start some simple actions that can help you live a healthier life. Get enough sleep, exercise and healthy diet can surely help you deal with that kind of health problem. Of course, be sure to consult a doctor right away.

[ advertisement ]