unrelenting migraine

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Jan 12, 2008.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I have had a horrible migraine, this time has lasted a couple weeks with no let up. I have nausea, the whole works. It is the front of my head at the temples. And I have a bad twicth in my right eye that drives me crazy. I am running fevers daily too. I swear the pain is so bad in my head I feel like I'm dying. Or wish I would and just get it over with. I think it is lyme headaches, I was taking several antibiotics. I stopped taking everything about four-five days ago because the headaches are so intense. I have been under a great deal of stress too. I suppose that could add to it. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor next week. I really don't want to go to the emergency room. These headaches are the worst pain ever though. It is soooo hard to take care of my children with these dang headaches!

Kellyann
  2. highcotton

highcotton New Member

I just absolutely hate that you are going through this. I've been there, girl, and I know how the pain makes you wish you could be put out of your misery.

It is doubly hard for you because you have children to care for -- but hang in there! And do go to the emergency room if you must!! if you can.

I had daily migraines for the first several years of my illness. At last Imitrex came along, and that helped a lot. There has got to be something to help you, Kellyann.

best of luck,

highcotton
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I would check with your doctor and make sure what it is and not wait... not to scare you, but, with intense lasting pain, you shouldn't take chances.

Once you're checked and it's not something else, at least perhaps then you can get some medication to help. I know you're going thru a lot of stress too with your daughter, so sorry to hear about that too, it certainly doesn't help.

If it is lyme related, you might try a detox method, I started a post here about mid-way down the page with different methods people have used...

At any rate, taking a rest for a bit certainly won't hurt you, as lyme has a long reproductive cycle... and may let your body detox and rest/recuperate a bit.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

all the best,
    Victoria

4. victoria

victoria New Member

just wondering...

5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I can't get in to see my doctor for exactly one week. I am still in intense pain. And running fevers. You said I should be careful, what could this be except for migraines? I think if I get another real bad episode I will go to the er. I absolutely hate going there. I just can't do much of anything except lie in bed, with my head just pounding. It's always in the front of my head.
    Thanks so much for asking about me :)

Kellyann
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

given how long you've had it along with fevers, I find it insane that your doctor is putting you off for a week? It may be 'only' a migraine, but still!

I hate ERs too, but sometimes they're necessary just to be on the safe side. If you have insurance that will cover it, I'd personally definitely go... actually I'd go even having to pay for it. It's a tough decision tho.

Hope you get some quick miraculous resolution in the meantime...

all the best,
    Victoria
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

She gave me a script fot imetrex to try, it must be expensive. I'm to only get 2 pills at a time, wow! I don't know how much good that's going to do. I guess I really need to go back to my neorologist. I hate going to the docotr, I hate even leaving my house any more. I just hurt too bad. And I hate waiting and I hate trying to talk to a doctor. I find it hard to put into words how I'm feeling and I doubt they would believe me anyway. Ihave about had it with the FFC, they ae so exoensive. I ended up being charged $452.50 before I got out of there today. All I got extra was a jar of powered supplement and a shot. It's unbelieveable. The doctor gets aggrevated at me because I refuse to get those IV treatments at $150.00 a pop. No thank you! The best thing about their clinic is they do write my pain medicine prscriptions with no problems. So, I am stuck. At least I don't have to have a doctor appontment every month like a pain clinic. And I can have my appointments over the phone if I need to. But as far as getting better, I'd say I feel no better in the 2 years I've gone there, worse if anything.
    Kellyann
  8. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I'd look for an ILADS trained LLMD and forget about FFCs protocol. What do they have you on anyway?

9. NV

NV New Member

I am new to this site, and there are an awful lot of rules so I don't really know what I can say or not say, but there is a way to get rid of the headache, I have not had one in over twelve years. I don't think I can say the name of the medication here. I took two types, but one had to have a blood test so often I could not stand it because I get car sick and dizzy, so I take another that replaces the serotonin. I am suppose to take it three times a day, but I just take it twice during the night. Still, don't sleep, but not headache. It took me about ten years with two great doctors to get the lymes to the point where I could at least smile without it hurting. I do feel for you...there is absolutely no way to tell people how you fell if they have not lived through it. NV
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

yes, you can name meds and the like...

KelllyAnn - how did the imitrex work for you? I tried it for my constant sinus pressure headaches, and it made it worse. But, as I think I've said beefore, I was talking generally with my son's LLMD about the subject, and he described my symptoms without knowing anything about me. (Luckily my son doesn't get them).

For all you've spent at the FFC, you might want to consider a LLMD. My son's LLMD's prices have gone up as a result of insurance not wanting to cover any type of service from him (for which he's suing), so you may not be able to afford him now, but there are others that are still flying under the radar so to speak...

You can check out on the board here some places to go for names and referrals.

all the best,
    Victoria