Unrelenting Nausea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OuchyMama, Apr 7, 2003.

1. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

Hi I was wondering does anyone else have nausea cosnstantly? I am so nauseated whether I eat or don't eat, take my meds or dont etc. etc. Anyone had this problem who has found a solution to it? Any help me and my tummy would appreciate.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2003]
  2. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

also nauseated. It comes and goes. It seems worse when I get up from my naps and when I am tired. There are antinausea meds out there, but they make me sleepy.
  3. mrshon

mrshon New Member

hi,
    join my club, thats what started all my problems, they sent me to gastro drs, and hundreds of tests (all neg), the they diagn. me with fm.
    this dr. put all my problems together , didnt just concentrate on the nausea.
    i have been nausea for 2 1/2 yrs.
    the meds for fm (elivel, colonzapan, reemeron) at night keeps me almost pain free and the nausea to where i can now function, and enjoy my grandkids.
    good luck, the anti nausea pills(and i tried them all) never worked for mrs hon
  4. desperation

desperation New Member

I have CF and feel achey and tired all the time but the worst most prevelant symptom is NAUSEA. I have felt sick for 2 years now adn I can handle ANYTHING aprt form this unrelenting nausea. Hardly anyone complains of nausea so I'm wondering if i have something else as well as or instead of the CF.
    I take ginger ( may help somewhat) and anti nausea pills which are next to useless.
    It is worst when I wake up and when I'm tired to so it must have something to do with hormones.
    I hate it....
    Good luck guys with finding a cure
    Lu
  5. maryfranf

maryfranf New Member

I always feel sick to my stomach when i wake up in the mornings...I also have gerd, ibs also...i take nexium for the gerd and librax for the ibs..still i wake up with that sick feeling..I know it really gets old...but so does the pain...I am always in constant pain...i tried the remeron and it hurt my stomach so bad i couldnt take it..so now i am on lexapro,flexeril and ultram..which none of those really help either...Maryfran
  6. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I'm sorry, I feel sick to. make sure you force yourself to eat when taken your meds,. my father wanted to feed me Mcdonalds today (lecture included) and I actually said no. even when I'm sick i can eat a plain burger. not lately. My husband just went for pizza, thats my favorite food and no can do.
    just looking at these little moving smiley face icons are making me sick. gettin me dizzy or something,..try some ginerale. I dip my toast in ketchup, only one on the planet to do this I know. cereal sometimes is good. saltines can help too. so sorry your sick
    Lisa
  7. charlor

charlor New Member

Hi,
    I am also always nauseated, although this started approx 7 weeks ago. I have had Fibromyalgia for years, along with multiple back surgeries.
    The nausea started the same time as a constant migraine and also with my blood pressure dropping very low and fainting.
    Finally after two stays in the hospital, I was diagnosed with Addison's disease. The nausea is one of the symptoms of that also. I don't know if you have any of the other symptoms I mentioned above, but if so, you may want to mention to your doctor. Hope that helps some.
    Also, I agree with the nausea meds, nothing really seems to help. I've tried Phenergan and Compazine and neither worked. Good luck.
    Charlene
  8. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

HI,
    At least I hope there is for you as the nausea really keeps you feeling 'punk' and miserable. It was like constant morning sickness!

I told my dr.s that I was sick all the time but they didn't seem to have much to say, then I told them that Zanex was the only thing that helped. Then I guess they figured I was just a nervous wreck! Yeh, well duh! Anyway, finally I went to an internist and did an upper GI and a Colonoscopy, bottom line is besides the IBS syndrome he put me on Nexium. You know the 'Little purple Pill' we hear about on TV? I haven't been sick to my stomach since. I can't believe it either, I gueSS IBS is quite common with CFS and FM and other related syndromes. Anyway, just a thought hope you find what helps for you, buit this is a thought. HUGS...Pam
  9. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have CFIDS and have suffered with nausea for years until I started seeing a naturopath who told me to use GINGER ROOT. He said just go to the grocery store and buy some fresh in the produce. So I did and I juiced it!! What a difference-I add a teaspoon to my tea and it does not taste bad at all. I am so happy to have found the remedy!!
    If you don't have a juicer, you can use a fine shredder.
    Good luck to you!!