unsure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by philly, Aug 21, 2003.

1. philly

philly New Member

Hi, I am new to this board and I am not sure I even have FM yet. The doctors think I have Raynuard's and I am being testing for other diseases right now. I am not looking for a diagnois but just to run my symptoms by people who would know if I have some of the symptoms and if I should even both mentioning it to my doctor. I have read the symptons but they are not detailed so I thought I would come here.

I am female, 41 and I have been suffering with aches and pains for 5 years or so but nothing disabling just something that I have learned to live with. I have terrible pain in my neck, shoulders and the lower portion of my head and lower portion of my back. I have pain in my knees and thighs when walking up stairs. I have pain when lefting my arms over my head and my arms can not be lifted over my head for long. I seem to sleep fine but do sometimes wake up feeling unrested. I have periodic bouts of irritable bowel and irritable bladder. I have numbness is my arms, hands, legs and feet. I usually wake up with the tingling sensation in my arms and hands. I usually wake up very stiff in my back, legs and feet, I feel like my muscles are tight and cramped and it takes a few minutes walking around to loosen everything to a semi comfortable state. I am anxious, moody and have periodic headaches which can be horribe around the time of my period. When I read about the fibro fog I thought that it would explain alot, I have trouble concentrating, speaking and loosing my train of thought in mid converstaion. I have no energy and feel tired alot.

Sometimes I have worse days than others and I would explain my symptoms as ranging from mildly discomforting to extremely discomforting at times. It can also hurt when someone bumps into me or grabs me and I can get muscles spasms in my legs and other parts of my body.

Also what kind of doctor should I see? Who would diagnois and treat FM?

Thanks for any input you can give me.....Philly
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

It sound as if you may be at the correct spot!! :)

I'm not so good at much more than learning currently myself.

This is a Great Site, with MANY GREAT people. I'm sure you'll have many questions addressed.

Peace,eZ
  3. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

... but do allow your doctor to run all the tests, because you never know. And be honest with him. You may feel like a hypochondriac listing all the symptoms, but it's necessary for him to hear them all (because it's the combo that points to Fibromyalgia).

WELCOME!