Until I see my Dr...RNaseL Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by confetti11, Sep 16, 2008.

1. confetti11

confetti11 New Member

Wondering if anyone familiar with this test knows if this is a really high abnormal result? I have no idea...

RNase-L Activity Assay
    Normal: Less than 50
    My result: 104

RNase-L Protein Quantitation
    Normal: Less than 2.0
    My result: 3.7

After tons of work on lots of different issues and being very sick, I now usually feel about 70-80%, with rough spots here and there. I've been at this level for the better part of a year. I work with Dr. Guyer and I'm trying to keep the 80% more consistent, and of course get even better if I can.

Thanks in advance...I'm not very scientifically minded & I'm trying to understand this test. I'm sure even when I do have my appt, I won't have enough time to have him explain it thoroughly!
  2. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

but not very abnormal. I had RNASE L Activity Assay: 650 and others have above 1.000
    RNase destroys viral dna but a low molecular weight form of it destroys normal, healthy dna too and causes some problems.
    maybe someone else can give more input on it.
  3. confetti11

confetti11 New Member

for the input! It didn't seem like it was too elevated from what I could research but again...don't know since they call it abnormal, of course. thanks again!
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

your RNase L activity is only mildly elevated so you have some more work to do in terms of infection or toxin control i would guess.

the protein quantitation is a tricky one. again, your's is only a little elevated. it is a ratio, so you have 3.7 times more of the abnormal RNase L than the normal RNase L (i think).

some think this can normalize over time without ampligen, some don't.

i am in the process of trying to determine the significance of this abnormal RNase L but can't really find a very current info. different people believe different things. (my ratio is 9.0!!!!)

5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i would love it you could ask dr. guyer about the implications of your quanitation ratio and what to do about it, if anything.
    thank you!!!!

6. confetti11

confetti11 New Member

So these numbers could be indicative of toxin load as well? I still think that is a major part of my overall problem...interesting.

Well, at least maybe they aren't too high. I couldn't afford to do this test earlier (what am I saying I can't afford it now either!) but it would have been interesting to compare when I was feeling really bad to now.

I plan on seeing Dr. G in the next 2 weeks so I will let you know what he says. Thanks again!