Unum

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rigby, Feb 9, 2006.

1. rigby

rigby New Member

I just wanted everyone to know not to give up on their disability insurance. Unum called me to day and stated they are paying back to Jan. of 2003. So glad I find a wonderful lawyer who help with the short term and now the long term. Every kept after them insurance companys! Sharon
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Great news.

I am fighting mine now.I have a civil suit against Hartford.

My law firm says it all looks good .They said it should take another 6 to 12 months to be over with.I told them I no longer want to deal with the co. after this so I want a lump sum settlement. I hope it all works out for me.

Congrats again on your win.

Sue
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I had Unum by paying through the California Teacher's Association, and when I was working and the disabled and working and disabled, etc. they paid very well and never gave me any static. It could be because it was a group program, but anyway I was delighted with their actions.

I'm just sorry you had to get a lawyer, etc. I guess I just don't understand why you would be denied if you have the insurance.

Maybe it's just me.

Sue
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

UNUM IS PARTICULARLY A BAD APPLE IN DISABILITY.

I HAD TO PRACTICALLY ATTACK THEM WITH ARTILLERY TO GET MINE STARTED.

However, if you are careful, get the right tests done, and cross the t's and dot the i's, it can be done.

THEY WILL TRY EVERY LOW DOWN DIRTY TRICK IN THE BOOK, HOWEVER.

It is a good idea to keep a journal, of each, day. With what you had to do, your pain level, fatigue level, and what you simply had to get done.

That way, if they try to tape you one day, and omit the rest, where you are crawling to your vehicle, then it will not prevail.

My spine has deteriorated to the point where even they cannot claim I can work.