UNUM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeavenlyRN, Apr 4, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Hello. I posted this on the disability/benefits board but thought I might be able to get more replies if I posted on individual boards:

Does anyone here have any experience with this company? I've done a search and have found lots of other posts which I am in the process of reading, but lots of the ones I've seen so far are from 2005, 2006, etc. As I said, I haven't finished reading ALL of them, but just wondered if there was any more recent information.

Thanks
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Thank you. I'll check it out. I've been doing some more research and......WOW......I can't believe (well, maybe I can!) what they do to people!

Unfortunately, I have found myself in the same position as many other UNUM customers. It's hard to "fight" when ya feel so cruddy. But, I'm not giving up!
  3. simpsons

simpsons Member

me action uk have much information on this company they are indeed at the root of denying ME as an illness and trying to reclassify as mental health via on of their senior staff no surprises here prof simon wessley.

good luck with the fight get some legal help if you can
  4. simpsons

simpsons Member

me action uk have much information on this company they are indeed at the root of denying ME as an illness and trying to reclassify as mental health via on of their senior staff no surprises here prof simon wessley.

you see if they can reclassify it as mental health there are significant financial benefits for unum.

good luck with the fight get some legal help if you can