Unusual Flare/Missed 4 days of work so far

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Mar 31, 2011.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi. Just can't sleep tonight. Have been having dizziness, and sick this week. Nausea, and pain around my upper right quadrant. Was wondering if anyone else has pain in the upper back that radiates to one side. Mine is the right back. I went to the Doctor Tuesday, she said she thought it was muscular (of course Fibro). But she said it's possible that I may break out in shingles. I haven't gotten a rash, but have been sick all this week. Also, am having a bad menstrual cycle (heavy). Do you think this is a flare? Just want your opinion. I can't seem to sleep at night this week. I've missed 4 days of work, starting with dizziness and very fatigued. Thanks for the support.
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I get muscular pain, knots, spasms etc in my left upper back that can be constant for days on end. I don't know much about shingles, but I've heard they're a nightmare.

No wonder you're dizzy and fatigued if you can't sleep! I find that sleep is one of the main factors related to how I'm feeling. Hormones are another story, I almost always get flared up w my period...I'm in "Perimenopause" so I never know what's going on w my cycle, and they're much heavier that they used to be.

Did your doc suggest anything for sleep and the discomfort? Maybe you need another appt if you're still feeling bad. I haven't worked in 15 yrs, I don't believe I'd be able to function out in the real world anymore! Scary.

Hope you start feeling better...I hope we all start feeling better!!!
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Is it like painful around the ribs? I have been fighting Chondritius(sp) rib inflammation for the past yr. Its mostly my right side and also have nausea.

hope you feel better
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

thanks. yes, the costochondritis (i think). Maybe thats what's causing this. I've not had it, but maybe I'm having it now. I appreciate the good wishes. Hugs to all of us. It's tough.