up all night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Apr 30, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

I can't sleep until 6 a.m.
    Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hey Linda!

I go through cycles. Unfortunately, I'm up till 5-6 a.m and sleep till noon. Not a good thing.

I know the fibro and cfs has a lot to do with this, but I need regular sleep.

I am on trazadone, AmbienCR and take calcium w/ magniesium (sp) and zinc tablets. They helped for quite awhile. Here I am again, in the no sleep zone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Good luck to you Linda!

3. I'm usually up between 3-5 or so, after tossing and turning for an hr I just get up. I normally have something I taped to watch on tv. Weird how fibro keeps us awake, even when exhausted.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Yes, I do have this problem also. I go to bed at 8:30 am and get up about 7:00 pm. I hate this and so does my husband. I have to set my alarm to get up for him to do any repairs around the house or to go to medical appointments. I feel like I'm in a daze everywhere I go.

The rest of the world goes by while I try to sleep. It's also very noisy some days with lawnmowers, tree-trimmers and vehicle sounds. I use a fan and sound machine to mask the noise but I am so sensitive that I can still hear things. I think this is one of the worst problems I have with this disease except for pain and fatigue. I want so much to sleep normal hours again but don't know how to do it. Once, I turned my hours around but gradually went back to the old ones.
  5. rachel76

rachel76 New Member

I've had this ever since I had to stop melatonin for other reasons. It seems really common in this diagnosis
  6. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

I think we all have the same problem as yourself,,,too bad for all of us as we all hope to find answers....But everyone has great replies! anyway, I hate also that I spend more time awake than asleep because the less sleep we get, the greater the pain is that we get. i do use trazodone, but since our illness gives us great muscle pain, I use flexiril, the muscle relaxant, so i use them both to sleep and it works for me, the only setback and it is not one l i like, is that it makes me so tired the next day.Since we all have cfs, this mix of meds can make us more tired, but the pain is less since sleep was involved.I don't do this everyday, just on my worst nights.I do sometimes only use the flexeril, and that works also. I feel that flexiril is pretty strong in the drowsiness dept. , and so it helps both the muscle pain nd sleep. I hope i make sens Linda, i have been in a brainfog state these days, I haven't been on this site for awhile due to my high pain level and having bad days with my hubby [that does not help],but i hope to get back into the site more..best wishes for a good sleep =]
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Sleep 3am til 11-noon.

Tried everything to help with this - melatonin, bright light therapy, setting alarms - no help, always revert to same pattern.

It is very difficult but seems many here have the same problem.

I hope you get some more suggestions but you may have to just learn to live with it - although I know all too well how hard that is when everyone else is on a different timescale - it's like having permanent jetlag..lol!

Bunchy x
  8. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I have this problem and it seems to be getting worse. I have taken so many things for sleep,some include tylenol pm, ambien and ambien cr, zanax, dramamine. I am now taking Klonopin .5 mg at night. I think this may be relaxing me some and helping me sleep a better quality of sleep. Before I just took Benadryl and was quite surprised that it helped me for a while until I had a bad flare up and that is when they started me on Klonopin.
    When I do sleep,which is not much,I find the quality of sleep is not good at all. I think that is what makes things worse for me.
    You might ask your doc about Klonipin and Benadryl. I realize everyone is different but maybe these things can help you.
    I feel for you though, I do go through this a lot and it makes me not worth a darn the next day.
    Hugs and I hope you get better.
    Keeping the "Faith" we will all get better.
  9. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Hi LindaJones,
    I have the same problem. No sleep. I usually go to bed between 5a-6a when my husband and kids are getting up. I will usually sleep till about 10a or 1030a. I hate it because i was always up early. I never slept past 730a or 8a. I used to always go to bed about midnight or so. but now it's crazy. I have tried to go to bed early but just lay there tossing and turning. my body is tired and so am I but I just cant fall asleep. My doc gave me klonopin 5mg and I take 1/2 at night. because I have read so many bad things about klonopin I usually only take it about 3 times a week to get some rest. When I do take it I will sleep about 12 or 14 hours. And I don't like that either. I take it every 2 days or so. But again it makes me very tired when I do wake up. It normally takes me about 2 hours or so get my brain to start thinking straight and my body to start moving. and with klonopin it takes me a little longer. bye the time I am fully awake and ready to do anything everyone is home and settleing down from their day and I am wide awake and then everyone goes to bed and here you find me online. I do try to get things done around the house when everyone is asleep but then the next day I am alot more miserable. So its horrible either way. Good luck
  10. pitoune

pitoune New Member

It's kinda refreshing to finally see a post on this issue. I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT and it's driving me bunker. I thought I was alone here but I see I'm not. My hubby always ask me to come to bed with him cause I look so tired but after a few hours of turning and tossing, I get back up. He's in bed at 9 p.m. cause he gets up at 4h30 a.m. to go to work. When he gets up, I'm usually still up and it does upsets him. It's not for the lack of trying believe me. I live in the forest so it's nice and quiet here at night. All you hear are the frogs and sometimes wildlife fighting or whatever they do and I just lay there listening to all of this. Some nights, I'll finally fall asleep around 5 or 6 a.m. but I'm back up by 8 a.m. and then falls asleep on my sofa in the living room. Just doesn't make any sense does it and I'll sleep there until 10 - 11 a.m. If I have a doctor's appointment early in the a.m., my hubby has to force me up on my feet and drag me. I hate it. I guess I'll have to talk to my doctor about something to help me sleep. Thank you all for the info on this subject.

11. deadtired

deadtired Member

When I can't get to sleep I turn the radio on and listen to coast to coast, it ends up putting me to sleep everytime. In fact, when my husband turns the radio off, then I wake up.......something about the radio and people talking lulls me to sleep..plus I end up hearing some interesting stuff and don't feel so lonely as I am pretty isolated most of the time except for my daughter and sons company during the day....