Up at 3 a.m. with restless legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chermione, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Chermione

Chermione New Member

I went to bed early tonight too, around 11. That's early for me. But I woke up with restless legs about an hour ago. I've tried all my usual things and finally gave up on trying to get back to sleep.

I have had a long break from restless legs but lately it's been an issue again. I don't have much to go on as to why I've had the break. I've had RLS since I was a kid.

The past couple of days though I have been walking my kids to school, so they have gotten more exercise lately. So that must be why they are bothering me again. That's my best guess anyway.

Just a rant post in the middle of the night. Thanks for listening.

Cheryl
  2. gram2

gram2 New Member

I AM SO SORRY. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO BED YET BECAUSE OF RESTLESS LEGS. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT HELPS? I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. THANKS, GRAM
  3. mafusula

mafusula New Member

Hi Cheryl, I suffered from RLS for many years and about 12 months ago I decided to change Neurologists as I didn't have any faith in the old one. He put me on an anti-parkinsons drug called Cabaser ( Cabergoline), 1mg at night along with 0.5mg Clonazapam and I have been sleeping really well with no leg movements.

Gayl
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Cheryl -

Sorry to hear of your discomfort - I HATE RLS. I do get it a few times a month and it is a drag.

Since I started supplementing with calcium and magnesium I have had very few episodes.

Calcium and magnesium are competing minerals and are involved with ion transport across muscle fibers and muscle contraction.

A deficiency in these minerals can cause leg cramps and contribute to RLS.

I hope you feel better.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie