Up date apartment life killing me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Jan 11, 2007.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I am using a fan next to my bed it helps greatly only hear really loud noises.

Talked to my land lord and neighbors so it quited down a lot. I don't like complaining about others so it was hard to do this.

Went to counsclor and she said alot of stress going on so that hightened my awareness of noises also.

I am such a worry wort any way I get all worked up over things I stress myself out even more.

Thank you all for your advice sometimes it takes someone telling you something to see what you can do.
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I actually live in a house but a few years ago some of our neighbors would have parties several times a week. At the time I had to be up to go to work at 4:30-5:00am so I went to bed pretty early. I have problems falling asleep anyway but with the music blaring it was IMPOSSIBLE to fall asleep.
    I was at my wits end and I can't fall asleep to music or the TV, so I bought a sound spa. The sounds mine has are waterfall, ocean, rain, outdoor sounds (crickets, river, etc). It is very relaxing and even if you turn it up loud to drown out the neighborhood noise it isn't a startling sound, just soothing and it has a timer so it will go off in 15, 30 or 60 minutes or you can keep it on all night long.

If you can't find a sound spa also try the CDs that have the sounds on them and pop it in your CD player and put headphones on.

Best of luck and I hope you get a good night sleep soon. I know when I was at my wits end I was at the point of wanting to spray them with the hose over the wall.... I was that tired and stressed. Calling the police only helped for a short time because as soon as the police left they would turn the music up even louder. Thankfully the people got fined by the city, had their stereo equipment confiscated and eventually moved out, but it took a long time before the city took that action.

Hang in there.
    Sincerely
    JL
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  3. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

I live in an apt. i hate it. i so wish i had money to live in my own house. i had to go buy 4 hepa/carbon air cleaners because of the heavy smokers in the building. management doesn't do anything....they're all about a tenants right to smoke versus a tenents right not to breathe smoke. i have to clean the laundryroom every time i go use it because it's filthy with dirt, lint and hair. Same with loud noise or disrupting conduct (like the people above my apt throwing beer bottles and cigarettes off their balcony onto mine or people ringing the wrong buzzers at night just to be let in, etc) I've sent letters to the manager and it doesn't do anything. I feel so trapped because I am not in a position to move. I've lived here for 10 yrs and the area has gone downhill so badly. yuk.
  4. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

Good for you for speaking up. When I started to have trouble with noisy neighbours I found it really hard to complain about it. But I've learned from that situation and from other ones that it's really really important to stick up for yourself. If it gets noisy again don't be afraid to kindly remind people to be respectful and keep it down!
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    I Have the same trouble! But the land lord told me to turn the fan toward the wall and turn it on med or hi (bedroom wall) And it works! i've just gotten used to the noise next door! the lady has her Grandkids sometimes and they kick the wall and scream,,,,,,,Etc,,,,,But on a normal basis the Fan trick works good!,,,,S
  6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I couldn't live without my Fan Trick. My sons are the same way. Just a habit but it works