Up date on my biopsy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Nov 24, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I saw my surgeon .I go in today for pre op testing.Than the surgery Wednesday at 11:30 Am .He told me that a needle biopsy would not work for this .He needs to do surgery.

He said it is a calcification ( Spelling ) There are some that are just dots that are spread out and are definitely not cancer.

Mine is in one big cluster so the odds are 1 in 10 are cancer.

I'm praying I'm one the 9 that don't have cancer.

I will know 3 days latter what the results are.He will call us in to tell us the news.I asked if it was bad what happens next.He said he will set aside a day he has no patients so we can sit there all day and go over my options.

He is a very nice and caring doctor.He is the one that saved my daughters life 20 yrs ago.He has not changed.

I would like to thank you all for your prayers.

Hugs
    Sue
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Add my prayers and best wishes. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor. I'll look forward to good news!

Love,

Francie
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry to hear this but hopefully it will turn out alright. You`ll be in my thoughts and prayers.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I know that getting the biopsy over with is one less hurdle to jump.Now it is the waiting,I sure hate that you have to wait.I am sure you are apart of that 9 group.
    Take care Sue
    Sheila
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Thank you for the update on "you'

You've been in my thoughts and prayers, and continue to be~ Best of Luck.
    Let us know ok.

Big hugs
    Tandy
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

My prayers and best wishes are with you and will say special pray er on wed, and thurs..bless you Peggy
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Wishing you the very best outcome. You're in my prayers. Your doctor sounds very caring and supportive, that's so important.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  8. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Prayers are sent for you. Wishing you only the best.
  9. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

I'm glad you have a doctor you like so much - it can make such a difference.

I'll send prayers your way.

-Kathi
  10. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

I hope that the surgery goes well for you. My thoughts will be with you next Wednesday!!!
  11. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Ive been thru benign biopsies and malignant ones. They are both scary. Your in my prayers.
    poodlemum
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...and I would say also, a doctor you can trust is worth his weight in gold---this one sounds like he's worth his weight in platinum. No matter what news you get, I'd say you are in very good hands. I'm praying for good news---please keep us posted!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  13. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My good friend is also having a biopsy next week. What a Godsend that doctor of yours is. Set aside a day. What a great man or woman! You are in great hands. Try not to stress too much. (I know, that's hard).

Hugs

Carol
  14. kbak

kbak Member

Sue,
    If this helps at all, my mom has had this surgery numerous times, and not once has any of the lumps they took out been cancerous.
    I wish you much luck and prayer's!

K.