Up for review got a 2nd set of forms to fill out should I be scared???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deb_46, Nov 13, 2011.

1. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I'm up for my 2 year review. Got the packet of long forms and sent them in by the first week in Sept. Now last week I got a packet of forms again basically the same questions just worded a little differently plus a set of exact duplicate forms that are to be filled out by a third party that knows about my health such as a family member.

Has anyone else had to fill out this many forms for their review? I try not to let it worry me but I stress so much over each question for fear if I say I walk out to the mailbox each day they will come back with "Well if you can walk out to the mailbox everyday then you can go back to working a 40 hr. week job". We all know how screwed up the system is!!

Debbie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I had to do this and my Mom filled out the "third party" form. She really told them how my disabilities affected me just in my daily living, let alone trying to get up from being bedridden and on Morphine most of the time to go to work. This is routine so don't worry about it. Get someone who knows just how your disabilities affect your inability to do anything to fill out that form. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

That was a relief to hear you received the same forms. It's hard not to worry that maybe I'm being singled out for some reason. My Mom is going to fill the third party out for me as well.

Thanks again so much!

Debbie
  4. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

This is standard practice......I have received many of these type of forms. The questions on these forms really dont apply to our type of condition....we can be relatively functional one day only to fall into utter disability the next day......i would stress that you need bed rest, standing or sitting can be difficult for periods of time, etc.......this falls under the law of disability.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If she needs it. It may help her if you elaborate on the responses to the questions. You are more familiar with what they are looking for in deciding how your disability limits your ability to do any kind of meaningful work. Her observations of just how you struggle in your everyday life can really help you. Good luck.

Love, Mikie