Update, 1 week on Trazodone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Aug 22, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Been taking the trazodone for a week @ 50mg at night. It has really helped with my sleep. I've been getting anywhere from 3-5 hour burst of sleep now. I have only woken up in less that 2 hours once on this medication.

I am so happy I'm on something that actually works. I overdid it yesterday since I was starting to feel better with the good sleep. I actually slept through the alarm going off for an hour this morning and only woke up when my wife called to ask why I wasn't at work!! I woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by that damn truck again... Today's pain is some of the worst I've ever had... It's amazing when you think you've already had the worst pain ever then you have a day that is worse..:(
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cczub:

I was on Trazadone about seven years ago. One night i decided to take it about two hours before bed and stay up and watch some tv.

After about 45 minutes I felt like my face was 'melting'.
    A very weird feeling.

I went directly to bed, but eventually did stop taking it.

nyrofan
  3. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i believe i told you before that I think that it is wonderful. I take 50 mg. every night and i do get a good night's sleep. that is soooo necessary to us.

Good Luck to you and sleep tight!!!!

Joan
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cczub:

I agree that it works if you take it right around bedtime.

I took it hours before bedtime. That did not work out good for me.

nyrofan
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

I've been taking it 30 minutes to an hour before I want to go to sleep. The truck was back again last night and even though I slept so so, I'm exhausted and in pain again today. On top of this I get to start PT tonight!