Update again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Things still are not very good. I saw the dr on Monday, says there is still post op inflammation in my eye but it is better than it was. He faxed a letter to my job stating that I was healing slower than his average patient and that he thought I would be healed enough to come back by Oct 30th--but if I felt like I could come back before that I could. I see him again on Monday Oct 29th.

I am also trying to fight off a cold too and my blood pressure has been screwy.

I know my husband is worried and stressed too. I really need a hug from him & say that everything is going to be ok.

I'm trying to keep busy and do stuff to help me to get stronger and better and not to think about it too much.

I just don't know what else I can do at this time. The whole thing feels like a bad nightmare.

Thanks for thinking of me.
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I know you're going through a lot. The pain and the stress of healing so slowly must be hard to deal with. I hope it hurries up and heals.

It sounds like you're doing all you can do for now. Try to rest as much as you can and get that hug from your husband. I know everything will be okay, it just takes us so much longer to heal.
    Takes me twice as long.

Someone was saying on another post that they didn't like to tell their other doctors about their CFS diagnosis but I feel like we have to tell them because we can have reactions that others don't have, and take so long to heal. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs, GB66

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you are better soon. When I've done everything in my power to do, I know I've done my part and turn it over to God and the Universe to work out. There is such a comfort in this simple handing off of my problems and it leaves me free to just rest in peace to heal. I pray you heal soon.

Love, Mikie
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm really sorry the healing is going so slow, but glad to hear your eye is better. I agree with the other poster, get a hug from your husband - or maybe you give him one, and tell him everything will be okay, since he is stressed and worried too.

Do you meditate? It's one of the best things I know for dealing with any sort of stress. A really good book is The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson, a cardiologist who was impressed by how people who meditated were able to lower their blood pressure. It's an easy read, and very interesting too, and he outlines a very simple method for meditating.

Take care -