Update and new med for me -Mobic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bum, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Bum

Bum New Member

The 1st Rhuemy I was referred to said I had Myofacial Pain Syndrome not Fibromyalgia. He suggested still doing the physical therapy and adding biofeedback, and staying on the Klonopin (I take .25mg 2 x a day). I went for a second
    opion from a Rhuemy at a med center and he and another
    Rhuemy there siad it was Fibromyalgia and that the MPS was part of that. He prescribed Mobic and I was wondering if anyone had tried it and if it helped. He also added the
    heated pool therapy after reg,. physical therapy. My physical therapist does the cranual massage and the rhuemy added the myofacial release to be added. My legs seem to be less weak. Also the Mobic is for 7.5 mg 1 x daily. I am very sensitive to meds.
    Hope someone will let me know their experience with Mobic.
    I have enjoyed the message boards and have learned alot.
    I live by Jefferson City MO

Bum

Bum
  2. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I've been taking Mobic for 4 months now, and it has really helped decrease my pain. I also take 7.5 mg once a day. Good luck!
  3. Bum

Bum New Member

Thnaks for replying, do you take any meds with the Mobic?
    Bum
  4. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I take Corgard for mitral valve prolapse, 10 mgs Nortriptyline for sleep, Celexa for anxiety, and CoQ-10 200 mgs for energy. I started the Nortrip. the same time as Mobic, & it's a pretty good combination for me. Within a couple days of taking Mobic, pain in my arms, hips, and neck greatly decreased; however, my lower back seemed to worsen, but I'm putting up with that since the other pain is about gone. The rheumy has no explanation for this.
  5. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Hi Bum. I was on Vioxx, Bextra, etc. but finally the doctor asked me to try Mobic. It takes a couple of weeks to really feel the effects to the fullest, but I'd say it's the best yet. You can also take another one during the day if you need it. I take the 7.5 every day and then if I feel painful in the late afternoon I take another. (That doesn't happen much though..) Hope it works for you too :)