Update Appointment with Dr. Salvato

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texangal81, Jul 3, 2008.

1. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Dr. Salvato's office called today and I scheduled an appointment for July 17th. I also scheduled an appointment with a pain management doctor next week. I'm getting angry because my insurance company is dragging their feet approving my celebrex and the stuff the doc gives me instead doesn't work as well. Today is it my neck and hips giving me fits.

I'm sick and tired of hearing doctors "I won't give you narcotics for pain" instead they give me all this worthless crap. Most of the time the Ultram works, but the Darvocet does weird things to me (read my humorous post on the chit-chat board) so there are time when I have something else, like right now! So maybe between Dr. Salvato and the pain mgmt doctor, I can get some action and relief.
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I hope it goes well for you. She is really intelligent.

Try to have all your labs in a notebook with negative results highlighted so she can skim through them.

Have your quesions ready and prioritized. Symptoms ready and prioritized.

It doesn't hurt to take whatever you can from your meetings with her. I don't think any one doctor can do it all.

3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I have never seen her NP - didn't know she had one (maybe she came into the practice after I left).

I only saw Dr. S. and usually only for 5 or so minutes each time.

It is a business but she is a very compassionate woman. She does have an abrupt bedside manner.

I hope you get lots of testing and good info from her.

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I saw her between 1999 and 2001.

5. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Yes, she is very busy and has lots of patients. I agree that going to each appointment with a clear objective is critical.