Update Back from my hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deb_46, Jun 6, 2008.

1. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I am soooooo glad that's over. I was a nervous wreck but my lawyer said I did fine and he thought it went well but said it depends on whether or not the judge believed me or not. He said he had won a case before that judge about a month ago and I asked what she was trying for and he said obesity mainly. Actually her odds may be better simply because you can visually see her issues while you can't see someone's CFS.

I had a 2 1/2 car trip home and did the second guessing myself thing the whole way on whether I answered questions the best that I could have. The judge will wait 10 days to make his decision as I had forgotten about a doc I had went to back in 2005 that agreed with my CFS diagnosis and had written me letter as I was trying for my LTD at that time. She said that I was unable to work but she didn't think it was permanent but could be long term and that she thought I truly did want to get well and return to work and that there was no secondary gain involved. Anyway, had to hurry and get copies of the records and gave them to my lawyer a couple of days ago and the judge hadn't received it yet so he will wait for that to make his decision.

Luckily, the only question the judge asked me was if I had worked since Feb. 2004 which I said no, then he turned it over to my lawyer and he questioned me.

Well, I'm exhausted and going to go lay down. Now we just hurry up and wait again. Thanks everyone for holding my hand for my hearing.

[This Message was Edited on 06/08/2008]
  2. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

My fingers are crossed! Please let us know the moment you find out!

Keep the faith, it'll turn out!

Tropical Girl :)
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

That is such a stressful event isnt it? I was exhausted after my hearing.. just took evrything out of me .Ive thinking of you and praying for you also. My lawyer told me something like 7-10 days I would hear something but it was 3 months before I did!! So of course I went to mailbox expecting daily ,thinking surely it will be today. Deb dont want to insert anything to neg here but just be prepared to wait some more. I would have been better off if they would have said right up front well your going to be waiting to hear anything for a few months.Anyway best of luck and hopefully you will here something sooner than me. Blessing to you and we will be waitng to hear good news for you!!!
  4. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I will post as soon as I hear anything. Gosh, I sure hope it isn't a three month wait. My attorney said the last one he had done before my judge took right at 30 days to get a decision. I will be praying daily for sure.

Thanks again!