UPDATE: "Cancer Cure"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggygirl, Feb 15, 2007.

1. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

What do you herbalists out there think of this "cancer cure"?

A good friend of my brother is a self-taught herbalist. His dog was diagnosed with cancer and he treated it with this "cure" and it recovered--no cancer detected. Years later he got cancer and treated himself with the same stuff (receipe follows)and cured himself and says he has the test results-before and after, to prove it.

He used: Apricot Kernal Oil--2 T. dailey, Grapeseed extract--2 caps dailey.

Any of you herbalists out there have an opinion?

My sons girlfriend has a relative that has stomach cancer and the docs say there is nothing more they can do for him and in essance sent him home to die. I passed this receipe on to her because I'd once mentioned it before her relative had this diagnoses, and now she begged me for it. On one hand, I know nothing about this, so feel funny about giving it to her; on the other hand--what does he have to lose?

My first thought was "can it hurt him?"....but on the other....really....what DOES he have to lose?

Any opinions?

Foggygirl

PS I just read Jamminhealth's post on grapeseed extract--maybe there is something to this cancer cure????

[This Message was Edited on 02/16/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2007]
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

That the apricot seed kernal contains cyanide which was used by quack Dr's in Mexico many years ago as a supposed cure for cancer. I can't think of the name of the the drug they had developed from it, but I do remember that it was proven that it did not work as a cure for cancer.

I personally wouldn't take the apricot kernal oil, but the grapeseed extract seems to be benign. I have ordered some of that for migraines.

Take care, Sally
  3. Kazah

Kazah New Member

hey there

I do believe that there is an answer in the natural world for just about anything, this may or may not be the one but what can it hurt? If things are bad people should try everything they can, even if it gives the person hope and a bit more time that's a bonus.

they should give it go I think

take care

kazah
  4. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I wasn't aware that apricot kernel oil had cyanide in it...interesting.

What makes it all the more interesting is that when I went to a homeopathic doc for awhile, he explained to me that sometimes tiny bits of a poison can heal people--he used arsenic as his example.

Maybe the same as chemotherapy is poison by itself--but is used to cure. Hmmm..

Thanks everybody for your responses.

Good health

Foggygirl
  5. winsomme

winsomme New Member

when my Dad was diagnosed with lymphoma i did alot of reading and one alternative therapy i came across was something called Protocel.

he got sick too fast so we never got a chance to try it, but the info i dug up was intriguing.

also i saw posted on another board about something called Dichloroacetate.

a university up in Canada believes that they may have found the cure for many cancers. here is a link to an article that talks about the discovery.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/dn10971-cheap-safe-drug-kills-most-cancers.html

also do a google for dichloroacetate, cancer and you should find lots of info on it.

the thing that everybody is looking for is something that will kill cancer cells but not harm healthy cells. it seems that this substance may do just that.

thanks
    bill
  6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

that also was cured of cancer with herb when he stopped taking the cancer came back now he is taking it for the rest of his life charlene
  7. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Thanks everybody for your input--and I did check out the sites you suggested--some interesting stuff there--thanks so much.

I did a lot of research on apricot kernels/oil and also stopped in at my favorite health food store today. It's a big place and both the owners (husband and wife) and much of their staff has all sorts of training/degrees and are very helpful.

I spoke with the husband/owner and he was a wealth of information. He said apricot kernels ARE instrumental in curing/preventing cancer. Apricot kernels (Laetrile or Vitamin B17) was wonderful in not only preventing cancer, but also is part of a cure for most cancers, and he went on in great detail in explaining how it works.

I am definitely going to start eating apricot kernels along with some of the other anti-cancer suggestions as a preventitive measure.

He gave me a few websites to check, some are:
    (I think I'm safe in doing this as I didn't see that they were selling anything--just informative.)

http://www.anticancerinfo.co.uk/sufferes.htm

http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/Laetrile.html

http://www.Americanbiologies.com

This will at least get you started as there are a lot of links to go from there.

Cheers

Foggygirl