UPDATE: daughter/suicide attempt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SerenityPheonix, Nov 13, 2008.

1. SerenityPheonix

SerenityPheonix New Member

dr released her wed afternoon. blood pressure had been stabilized and there are no lasting physical effects from what she did.

mental health evaluated her and chose to send her home with me due to my background substance abuse counselor) and safety nets being in place such as, pills locked up, counseling waiting for her, psyche dr appt scheduled, etc

we still have a journey with counseling to unravel why and how to avoid this choice in the future.

i was checking the boards and saw how many of you had given support and prayers and i thank you all. we are still not out of the woods mentally so keep us in your prayers please.
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I, too, have been thinking about you and your daughter. It's good to hear that she is recovering.

I know more about what you're going through and how you may feel than I would like. A child has been lost and another struggles as I write. I have no doubt that you already know that any other children you may have are at increased risk now.

I also think about how many people I know who have either made a suicide attempt or suicidal gesture in their youth and went on to have happy, healthy lives. It's so very hard to be young. One has so little perspective and such heightened emotion.

I would imagine you are still in shock. I hope you have good support for you. So much is being asked of you right now - you must find a way to care for and nourish yourself or you risk getting depleted very quickly. But, you know all this.

Take care of yourself first,
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm very glad to hear that you are able to take your Daughter home! and it sounds like you have the appropiate plans in place for right now!,,,,,,,,,,I just wanted to let you know that i will continue to pray for you and your Girl!,,,,,,Can't imagine what you all have gone through with This,,,,,,,,,,S
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For you both. I am so sorry y'all are going through this. It is so very stressful for everyone. Please do keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  5. jole

jole Member

I'm not sure if I answered your last post because I wasn't logged in at the time, but just want you to know my thoughts are with you and your daughter. Nothing hurts as much as watching your child suffer and not being able to help them.

It's great to hear there are no long lasting effects from all this, and I'm sure she will get the help she needs. In time I'm sure you'll find out the reason.....the thing is, it doesn't take much sometimes with teenagers. Their hormones play such a big part in everything, along with self-esteem issues.

Please know prayers are continuing...***Jole***
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your update. It sounds like you have been doing all the right things to help your daughter. Sp glad she is able to come home with you.

Gee, I checked this post and actually thought that I had already posted to you which I didn't. So sorry !!

You and your daughter continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you both ! You both have alot ahead of you.

Hugs and blessings,

7. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I know what you are going through. One of our sons has attempted suiced twice. He is now living in another state and things are not going well. This is always in the back of my mind. I hope your daughter does well with all the help she has. Godbless