Update: End of post==Family Member Dying of Cancer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Dec 13, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I wasn't going to post this But i guess i need to Vent!,,,,,,,,,,,

My Sister inlaw Trice is in Hospice care now,,,First she was DX with MS,,about 3 years ago,,,Then came Breast cancer about 2 years ago ,,,,,,,,,She Then had the rt Breast removed and was doing good for awhile and now just about 2 months ago she started having horrible headaches ,,,,,had a cat scan done and they found 1 lrg Tumor and 6 small Tumors on her Brain!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So now she just went through 8 weeks of Radiation and they did another cat scan and now the cancer is everywhere and the dr said there is no hope,,,,,,,I Have been on the phone with my Brother trying to be as supportive as possible,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He called back today and told me that now He has to put her in a hospice care house,,,,,,,,,,,,This is so sad,,,She's only 53 years old and has had a very rough life before my brother and her got Married which is about 12 years ago,,,,

she has 6 grown childern and 3 step sons and a slew of Grand childern,,,who all love her so much and now we are all in the process of telling her goodbye ,,,,,

I have to travel in a short while to see her so if i'm mia thats why!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks so Much for reading this and understanding,,,,,Love to all! Sis

[This Message was Edited on 12/26/2007]
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family. Don't worry about us, we will be thinking of you.

3. ckball

ckball New Member

I know there is nothing I can say that will make this any better. May God bless her and her family, it sounds like she has a whole family to support her and be there for each other after she is gone.

I am so sorry this has happened to your family-Carla
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Bud & Carla,,,,
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

This is just too sad. I will certainly pray for your SIL, your brother and for YOU!

The hospice people are wonderful...they were so good with my dad already 2 years ago now.

And her children, grandchildren...so, so sad.

My best wishes to all and I pray the pain will be controlled so she can be with her family as long as possible.

Take care of you, too!

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your support and prayer! forgive me for saying this too but My Brother is going through heck right now too! ,,,,i'm so glad to hear Sue how Good hospice is because i think he will need it as much as her!

They are in the Hospice House near where 5 of her kids live so they will be with her too,,,,,,,,Not sure when i have to travel yet but am trying to mentaly prepare for it!
  7. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Please try to take care of yourself, while you help your family....
    Prayers are with you all
  8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL. You are so right your poor brother is going thru so much right now to.

Hospice is a wonderful thing. We had them for my MIL. We went to Florida to bring her home and ended up having to put her in a hospice house there. After she passed away and we came home they called to check on my husband to Indiana. They are very wonderful caring people.

I lost Daddy to lung cancer on July 20 he refused hospice and was gone less than a month after we found out he had it.

Your SIL is going thru a horrible time but as said so is your brother. It is hard to take in. He is lucky to have you to give him and his family love and support now and to be there for him later. It sounds like they have a lot of people who love and care for them.

Please know that you, your brother and sister-in-law and family are in my prayers and thoughts.

God bless; Pam
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Don't really know what to say! That's so young. Just want to support you.

Will pray, God Bless,
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

That's good so many of her children and you will be able to be with her and your brother... albeit bittersweet.

As someone mentioned, hospice IS a wonderful institution, I've never met anyone connected with them who is not a wonderful caring person.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... so sorry.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

All so Much your words of comfort and support are very much appreciated!,,,I'm trying to figure out a gift for her,,,I thought of flowers ,,,,,,,,any suggestions??
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

a nice bottle of handcream or body lotion? I know that in the winter or when I'm sick, my skin gets so dry; I love having lotion. It might make her feel more feminine to have soft, nice smelling hands.

Just a thought....

13. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your suggestions! I'm trying to get a box ready to mail to her and yes it will include Cookies & Lotion!,,,,

She has a moose collection so i'm Going to include a set of salt and pepper shakers that i picked up for her a couple of short Fat Moose!,,,,,,lolol! i think they will make her smile!
  14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Foot lotion is good too because it reminds people to give you a foot massage which is good for anything and everything.

15. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your support! it's so hard to have the feeling of not knowing what to do for her!,,,,And then the realization comes that there is nothing to do but be supportive,,,,,,,S
  16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What a terrible thing to happen to your sister in law. Something similar hapened just recently to a friend of mine's neice. She told me the other day that her neice who is in her 40's I believe and has two children was just dxed with brain cancer also. it apparently is bad and has spread quite a bit. I guess they will do something but not sure what yet. The took the films over to MD Anderson a very good cancer hospital in Houston and are waiting to decide what to do.

My friend spoke to her neighbor who is a doctor who told her it sounded very bad. It is all so sad.

It is a terrible thing for anyone to get such a terrible thing but when they are young and have a family it is even worse.

Luckily, my grandson Jacob (6) was dxed with leukemia last year is doing fairly well. They can do alot more with leukemia in children the regular kid that used to be fatal, all the time. He still takes chemo. He is so little and can't gain to much weight and catches anything around. Has been in the hospital for pneumonia and other infectiosn. Unfortunatlyy also this all happened when my daughter (his) mom dicorced his dad. She had 15 yrs of pain, and tht is another story. They also have 2 other boys.

It is awful to talk about these things but somehow it helps to talk to others with similar problems. God bless Trice, Connie , Jacob and all those suffering from such terrible diseases. Hopefully things will chanage for the better or at least she (they)don't havae to suffer so much. Also God bless you and Trice's family. They suffer alot to with these things.

Blessings and warm hugs,

17. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks so much!,,,,G~ sorry to hear of your friend and Grandson!,,,,Like you say at this point she's just in the keep it comfortable stage!,,,,,,so sad!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2007]
  18. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

big warm hugs for you, girlfriend. I'm truly sorry.

19. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

its a very sad way to go and for all those around her as well, make it even more special I will be sending you all heaps of peace and love, stay strong

angel blessings

20. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks!,,I know when my mom was passing away she could hear us,,,,,because when we were trying to talk to her she would lean in to our shoulders! and when we were all in the room toward the last she actualy opened her eyes once!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,E~~ Thanks for the insight! Connie Thanks alot for your support!