Update from Dixie

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by KyLady, Sep 14, 2004.

1. KyLady

KyLady New Member

Hi everyone,

I just heard from Dixie. She is getting ready for Ivan finding containers for water for her animals and filling them. Cooking a lot of food and turning the freezer up high so everything will be good and frozen. She said the power co. said they would probably be without power for 3 weeks.

She lives just North of Pascagoula, Missippi which is on the Gulf coast. She is on the Alabama and Missippi border and in a real danger. She isn't getting much help in getting ready so pray that her hubby helps more.

Just keep her in your prayers.
    Kylady
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Dixie and her family in my prayers. I hope all goes well for everyone in the path of Ivan.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats close!!
    I hope the storm misses them completely~ It does'nt look good right now, but ya never know.?? those hurricanes can shift over at any time! I pray she is safe~and remains safe!!

Hugs
    Tandy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2004]
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

isn't going to be of much help. When our power goes off you have about 24 hours or so, then it starts to defrost and you have to toss everything. Sure hope she's got lots of staples and maybe a campstove and lantern. I looked at the map on the internet and it doesn't look good. I pray for everyone in it's path. I wonder how they protect the animals....especially the horses?
  5. grge

grge New Member

I pray God will form a protective hedge around you and keep you and yours safe from harm.
    georgia
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2004]
  6. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the update on Dixie. We need to continue to pray for her. We are already. That the storm would pass by them.

I feel like to give her husband a nudge to help, but can't. Pray that God will get him helping, or send people that will help. It would be good if she could get a generator.

I will keep praying for Dixie.

readalot
  7. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

for Dixie and anyone in Ivan's path.......
    Also hoping/praying that the Dear Lord helps her husband come to his senses - this is way tooo much for her to do on her own..........

Love, Donna
  8. dash

dash New Member

I'll be continuing in my prayers for Dixie, and asking God that He will inspire her husband to help prepare.

Della
  9. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Thanks for the update kylady.

Dixie, you are in my prayers constantly for your safety, health, God's Peace, property, husband and animals.

Who knows, you might have no damage at all. Peace.
  10. s-rose

s-rose New Member

A special prayer for Dixie and all in the path of the hurricane. Praying they will be safe.

Dixie prayers that the Lord keep and protect you and you get help with preparation.

Love and Prayers,
    susie Rose
  11. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

my heart has just so heavy for Dixie. I know how it is to have to do so much sometimes with no help but she has even more than I ever did.

I pray so much that she is safe and able to make it through all this.
    I just wish we could get to her after all this and help her.
    in prayer for Dixie
    kathy