UPDATE-HAD BLOOD CLOT !!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

wOW, i AM JUST BACK FROM HOSPITAL. jUST AFTER POSTING RE IC AND NUMB FINGER, of a sudden my finger turned black and I had chills and felt weird. DH rushed me over to Convenient Care. Doc there called ambulance as she said it was a blood clot as far as she knew. They gave me IV and cortizone and asprin.

I must say, after gripes in the past re ER elsewhere, they were just wonderful; treated me so well, got me a CAT scan of the brain, heart test, lung, bloods etc. Wrapped me in warm blankies.

I was SO worried re the CAT scan due to all the dizziness and head pain, and was praying the whole time. Well, brain is OK and other tests came back looking good so far, except now I have white cells in urine so here is what they think

That small clot may have come from bladder or more likely, kidney or elswhere, and I was just very lucky that it stoppped in the finger where I could see it!

I have to have an esophageal Echocardiogram tomorrow just to make sure no clots in the heart, but blood work and EKG looked excellent.

Also a possibility is that the OTC Uristat may have caused some allergic response that caused this clot, as my throat was swollen, jence the cortizone..

I am still feeling scared, but in many ways, now I know the brain looks OK, feel better KNOWING NO TUMORS THERE, AND doctor said clots in the extremeties rarely travel to the brain.

So pray for me for sure. I have antibiotic for the UTI, but gyne had called saying I should not take antibiotic that I had called her for until I saw urologist tomorrow, so he can culture. Doc at hospital said, take antibiotic tonight before that UTI hits the kidney big time.

Hugz to all for answering the IC post and esp. for the diet list.
    lOVE aNNE c
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

glad you didn'ty have anything more worse..

jodie
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

you are o.k.
    That must have been scarey.
    Take care
    Claudia
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry that you went through this!! Thank goodness that you seem to have had such excellent and thorough care. I am glad that you are okay and wish you luck with the esophageal echo tomorrow.

Prayers for you.
    Pepper
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats nuts!
    I'm so happy your ok~

What a freaky thing huh?

I had a clot show up in my kidney once.It showed up in an IVP taken for bladder/IC symptoms.

I had to be put under so they could go into the kidney
    with that scope/net and remove it. Via a cyctoscope thru the urethra.(or whatever thats called)!!
    Take your antibiotics and rest up :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  6. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Hi Ann,

I'm glad the E/R took such great care of you today. Must have been scary for you.

Did the hospital do a urine culture while you were there? Hard to know what doctor to go with. I was at the urologist today and heard them tell a patient the same thing - don't start a left over antibiotic until you get a urine culture first so you know if there is an infection for sure.

Take care and hope you have a relaxing day tommorrow.

Jeanette
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Wow I'm sure happy you are still with us. Take care I'm praying for you.
    Dee50
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

OMG, I'm so glad that you are OK!!! A blood clot!!!

You are so lucky that everyone acted so quickly. I hope that all of your other tests turn out OK. Make sure that you keep us up to date.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
    Janet
  9. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I'm so glad you got treatment so promptly. Very happy to hear you have no tumors, too. We'll be praying for you today.
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

See update post I sent today 22nd. Anne C
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How very scary. How wonderful that you were wise enough to get help, the doctor was wise enough to dx it quickly and that all seems to be OK. Will pray for test tomorrow. Keep us informed.

Praying for you. Thanking God for the quick dx and action.

Sue
  12. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Anne C,

Did they also test you for clotting disorders? Ask. If not, then demand them. I had two ischemic (blood flow stopped) events and they still didn't test me for clotting disorders until I asked for them. I have a family history of clots too. Turned out that I have 3 clotting disorders and now I take blood thinners. Beats the heck out of having a stroke. So happy to hear that you had good care. Can't beat those warmed blankets!
    H