Update>>HELP...Had 5 tick bites,rashes,dianosed lyme >>update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmfriend, Aug 8, 2006.

1. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

also came back posative with active mono/ebv virus also herpes sores appeared on my lip so now on top of it all I have active herpies virus too.

I am so sick, in so much pain, so,so,exhausted,terrible painfulneck and headache. I really cant take any more.

Its bad enough to have FM,CFID,MFP,and all that goes with that but now all this.I feel like Im dying. I am so so sick.

I did go to a LLMD so Im an ABX and herxing.

I think I would be able to handle all this but I have 2 children and no help all day.My DH goes to work at 6am-6pm.
    He did take one week off so he could drive me the distance to a LLMD and to care for the kids that week which was great.But now Im on my own and one of my kids is shall I say {special} and need alot of attention.

Today I called All around for local community help Because I have no family or freinds here. I was not able to find any help and Im basically bedridden.
    I dont know what to do.

How do others with chilren cope?
    Has Anyone else had to deal with such a compounding of issues? I just feel so overwhelmed.
    I need some support and suggestons.

Thank you
    Blessings Sally

I
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2006]
  2. Prunella

Prunella New Member

I got really sick after I had my second child and she was a very fussy baby and hardly slept. My husband was busy with work and I don't know how I got thru that time. I pushed myself beyond what anyone should have to do. That is the wrong thing to do when you are sick like that.

I know when you are sick like that it is hard to even make a call for help. I really emphathize with you.

There are a lot of helpful people on this board. Maybe some will have some ideas for you. Also, there are a lot of ideas here on how to get healthy and a lot of support. I didn't have that back then, so I hope you get some help here. Will be praying for you. You do need rest,so I hope you can get that.
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I've been following your string of events for about 1 1/2
    weeks now!! Feel so bad for you and all you continue to
    go through. Are there any friends or family members or
    fellow Church folks that would help with the Children?

Maybe someone on the Board will come up with a suggestion
    so hang on with us, OK?? I know of people who have recei-
    ved help for many things through Salvation Army Soc Services. You might call them in the Morning and see. Also
    they may have some sources to suggest if not themselves.

Will keep in touch with you,
    MRDAD
  4. Prunella

Prunella New Member

Bumping for Fmfriend!

What state do you live in and how did you get those tick bites?

I hope there are others who can give some advice to you on this board.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

It is so hard when one is separated from friends/family to get care/help from organizations... I did a quick online search of some of the lyme organizations but did not spot any links for a situation like yours.

I did find tho by state and by region there are some lyme oriented assistance programs, so if you type in your location (county &/or state) plus the word 'lyme' you might come up with something locally oriented.

Other than that, you might just start calling Salvation Army, plus every church in the area... I know of people in similar situations, there is not much help available, especially if one spouse is working. Other possibility is if your child has dx'd problems, there may be an organization that can help you that way at least get some relief in taking care of him?

Wish there was more I could suggest... let us know how you're doing. I know what the herxes are like, have experienced them and watching my just-turned 19 yo son go thru them too the past year...

all the best,
    Victoria

6. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

I am having another horrible day. Im in tears I just feel like I cant hang on anymore.I really cant.

I just dont know what to do.Im sorry I dont mean to complain or rant,or be depressing.. But Im just done.

I still have such a horrible pounding headache,fever, horrible pain and new types of pain in my joints from the Lyme I guess, and exhaustion,drop dead fatigue.

Today I have such dizziness with every step,it is so weird.Ive posted about this before but dont think ive heard from anyone who gets this.

When I take a step I get a tingly sensation from head to toe. Tingling in my hands travels up arms a bit,feet traveling up legs a bit, face,and lips get tingly and numb and I get dizzy to the point of almost passing out, but dont.

I guess if I didnt always manage to grab a wall or table or something I probably would hit the floor. I have had these episodes before and they usually last three days to a week.

I had to sit in the tub this morning to take a shower because I couldnt stand up long enough saftly.I kept falling over.
    I just really cant take another thing. Im at the end of my rope.
    Also I had a huge molar filling fall out some time ago and it is hurting so bad too. It is ao deep into the gum that it bleeds when I brush my teeth.I have beem putting that temp filling stuff in all along but a month ago it was hurting so bad I put some cotton in the bottom with a tooth numbing gell then put the filling cement on top,but it didnt last long and now I cant get the remains of the cotton out. Not good!!

I know dumb thing to do. I didnt realize it at the time I thought the cotton would all come out togather but it didnt. So now im worried about an infection in my gum. Thank God Im on ABX. I cant afford to have it taken care of or believe me I would.

About finding help for kids and home. I tried...
    I did call every social service agency I could find and no one could help.I slip through the cracks because I have a husband that works.
    My husband Emailed our church but I guess since we cant attend regularly they cant help us.My husband was on there
    Building committee and so I happen to know..this was in writting..they are targetting wealth young college degreed people. I guess we dont belong. I guess this is there final way of letting us know. Ya it hurts.

And I have no family..none. Since we moved here not long ago and Ive been sick the entire time. Im isolated. I dont have any freinds. NO ONE! How sad is that. You all are all I have.I dont have anyone I can pick up the phone and just chat with. I miss that.
    When I think of all the years I gave it all for everyone,Anyone in need and now here I sit forsaken.Like Job.

I just cant take another starw. Im really at the end of my rope. I lost my home,friends,and now my hope.And there is nothing I can do about it.I feel so helpless and so so alone.

Im sorry this is long and Im venting but this is just where Im at.

Thanks for all you wonderful people who care.
    Blessings~ Sally

7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Is there any local teenager you could hire to help even a few hours a week? I feel so bad for you!!!

Or can you afford pre school for a few hours a week?

Sometimes groups like girl scouts or perochial schools require hours of volunteer work for their students. Have you tried that?

If I lived close to you I would hep. I love kids and I feel OK sometimes!

I will say special prayer tonight for you and your family.

My sis has lyme and after the herxing she did feel better, so try to look forward to that. I know it's not much and it will take time, but maybe remembering that it's not forever can help you make it through.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
  8. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

My children are 9 and almost 13.
    There is one girl in the neighborhod who I was thinking of asking to spend some tutoring time with my 9 yr old girl. My daughter is really thrilled at the thought but I cant even afford to pay a kid right now. Even kid help isnt cheap.This girl would be excellent too because she is so sweet and really bright.

One summer I did hire a neighborhood boy for a couple hours a day when ever he could.That worked out great.He only charged me a couple bucks a time, so I always gave him a bit more and lots of good snacks.His mom wanted to teach him about helping others and really didnt want me to pay him at all.
    But his mom was a freind and she knew my financial situation.I also helped her out by babysitting her tiny ones whenever she needed it so it worked out great.We would swap baby sitting nights too so her and her hubby could get out and she did the same for us.

I miss her. She really understood me, knew that look of pain even when I was trying not to let it show. She could see right through me.She would do things like have a girls night and just rent a movie make a bowl of popcorn and send her kids to bed early so we could just have fun chating.She knew I couldnt take the stimulation of a theater. Freinds like that dont come around often. She moved to another state.

Thanks for your offer to come over if you could.I know you would. This is a special group here.We all understand each other.
    That is truely special.
    Thanks for your prayers. Im afraid mine have stopped.
    Blessings~ Sally