UPDATE... NEED PRAYER!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Godismystrength, Jan 31, 2013.

1. I'm not doing well, but wanted to ask for prayer.

After finding out from multiple surgeons that his kidney and tumor could be removed laparoscopically, my dad has still opted for the open nephrectomy, which to me, defies all reason and wisdom.

But all I can do is pray and hope for the best. And ask all of you for prayer as well. His surgery is scheduled for 7 a.m. tomorrow morning and I won't be able to be there physically because of how poorly I am doing.... And I am very upset about that, among other things. Yet, I will lean heavily on The Lord for His peace and strength.

I feel like I used energy that I didn't even have over the last 2 weeks trying to leave no stone unturned to give my dad the best option for the least invasive procedure... And yet he has still opted to go with his doc and the open surgery. My dad never even talked to the Laparoscopic group so that he could have received the facts instead of deducing things on his own.

I am exhausted and very weak now from all that I've done trying to help him.... Even up through yesterday, contacting an old school friend who is a surgeon to get his advice... Which he agreed that the laparoscopic method would be best. But as I said, my dad is opting for the more dangerous route. He said he really appreciates all I've done, but this is the choice he has made.

So please be praying for my dad, the surgery, the cancer issue... And for me as well.... I can't seem to stop the tears right now...

Thanks so much...

Blessings,
    Shel
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2013]
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Back on this board after several yrs away, so fumbling a bit to get back into how it all works, but I keep a prayer list and you are now on it.

I very much believe in the power of prayer as the Lord answer a very large asking for me recently in my life and the key is keep up the prayer and try to remember God is the wise one, his timing, his way, we don't get to understand a lot of things right away, life unfolds slowly one day at a time but stay close to God and everything does work out as it is supposed to. We are not in charge. I have to tell myself that all day long sometimes, trust in the Lord Jaci and let him handle it, prayers are always answered, not sometimes how we expect. But Better!

Hugs,
    Jaci
  3. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I'm praying for you and your dad and mom. I know how frustrating it must be for you that your dad is doing the open surgery. Maybe he just doesn't like to rock the boat with new methods. Older folks can be set in their ways.

It's so hard when someone you love is ill. I know you would like to be there, but you know it would make things worse in the long run. This way, you can try to get some rest and feel a little better so you can be there for him when he wakes up.

Prayers and gentle hugs to you. GB66
  4. ...I can't tell you how much your encouragement and support mean...

I also believe strongly in the power of prayer... So thank you both for your prayers! Praying for God's peace and strength... and a good outcome for my Dad's surgery and possible cancer...

Thanks again... And God bless you!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I'm usually up in the middle of the night and I will definitely keep him and the whole family up in prayer. You did everything you could, but in the end it's his decision and his body. Older people get set in their ways......putting their trust many times in the wrong hands. You have to give it all to God.....because God already knows the outcome. Read Isaiah 4l:l0 and every other verse that will bring you comfort and peace.

May God bless your dad and bring him thru this with healing.
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Shel.

I am praying for you and your dad.

You did the best you could - now leave it to God :)

He will take care of everything as He deems best and He knows more than we do so trust Him :)

HUGS

deepak
  7. ... I am so thankful for all of you on this board... You are true friends... And I appreciate your support and prayers more than I can say...

You are both so right... God knows best and HE is completely trustworthy... And Sunflowergirl, Isaiah 41:10 is one of my favorite verses... I just need to meditate on that verse and so many others that have blessed me thru the years... And still do...

Sunflowergirl, he is in the central time zone, so is California 2 or 3 hours behind that? But thank you for keeping him in your prayers...

I talked to my dad tonight and am glad, at least, that he is at complete peace with the surgery tomorrow... And I know that is so important... So I am thankful... He told me the surgery should take about 4 hours so he should be done by 11 a.m. Central time, if the surgery starts on time. I will keep y'all posted...

Thanks again for your encouragement and prayers... Such blessings... God bless you!

Shel
  8. ... My dad's surgery went better than expected and he is doing well so far... Praise God! The tumor was cancer, but thank God it appears to have been completely confined to the kidney and hasn't spread... We will know more on Monday or Tuesday when the pathology report comes in.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers and concern.... And encouragement... It truly means more than I can say... The power of prayer is an awesome thing, indeed! As is the caring words of friends like each of you...

Leah, thank you for your sweet words... You, as well as so many here, are such a blessing! Please continue to pray for his healing and recovery... He will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days, depending on how he does... I'm hoping he continues the trend and progresses better than expected...

I am still not doing well physically, but I am thanking and praising God for this awesome answer to prayer... And for each of you. I will keep y'all posted on his progress... Thanks again and God bless you!

Shel
  9. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Shel, I'm so glad your dad came through the surgery so well. It's a relief that the cancer is confined and they got to it in time.

My cousin and his wife are both being treated for cancer now. He had pancreatic and she had breast cancer. They were both treated with radiation and chemo and are doing very well.

Take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can. Be sure to eat all your meals too. It helps to keep up your strength. Praying for all of you. GB66

10. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I don't think there's a family out there anymore who hasn't been touched somehow by cancer. From books I've read, including ones from Suzanne Somers where she interviews experts on the subject, they're all feeling it's caused by toxins in our body. I believe it is Dr. Russell Blaylock who talks about things we can take to help with not getting it OR helping heal from it.

As for you, it's to be expected that such high stress would drain you of energy more than normal. Now you need to heal.
  11. ... I appreciate your continued prayers and concern... My dad continues to do well... Even sitting up in a chair today for about an hour (my mom relayed this good news to me today on a phone message)... So I continue to praise God!

However, I am still struggling physically and since yesterday am having some of the worst neurological symptoms. Didn't sleep well last night because of these symptoms...

And I just found out from my husband that my son-in-law (stationed in England and who I've not seen in a year) is in town this weekend because he is on a mission at a base a few hours away... And he wants to see us and have dinner together and go visit my dad in the hospital...

He knows I'm not doing well and even offered to bring food to the house, which is very sweet. I just don't know if I am strong enough for company... BUT having said that, I REALLY want to see him... (It never fails though... When I'm in the worst shape is when these kinds of things pop up)... Yet my body is telling me to rest completely (prob shouldn't even be pushing to type this message)...

So I'm praying for a miracle... But still feeling very weak at the moment... I HATE these neurological symptoms! These are some of the worst symptoms for me. :-(

But I have seen God do miracles in my life before, so I'm hoping for another one right now. Please pray with me that these neurological symptoms will fade and I can get some strength... I really want to be able to visit my dad too.

Thank all of you for caring! Gb66, I'm so glad your cousin and his wife are doing well in spite of cancer! That's great to hear! And Sunflowergirl, I have shared with my dad some of the helpful info from Dr. Blaylock that you shared earlier, so thank you! I will have to go to his site when I get some more strength.

Thanks again for your continued prayers...and God bless you all!

Shel
  12. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Hi Shel,

Great news about your dad. Now you really need to rest. You were not doing well before this happened with your dad, so I can only imagine how tired your mind and body are now.

I hope something works out where you can see your son-in-law in some way, even if he comes over and you are laying flat on the couch. Order a pizza and call it dinner! Guys love pizza anyhow.

Hugs, Michele

13. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am so glad your dad came through the surgery so well! You must be so relieved.

I know how exhausted you are and now you need to rest as much as you can - as Leah said, you can visit with your dad when you're a bit better - take care, and take care of yourself --

Best wishes,

Mary