Update on adventures in selling my house

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Sep 10, 2005.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

First, thank you to those who gave me suggestions on how to go about packing up the house. It was helpful advice!

I've sold or given away or thrown away a LOT of stuff, and will probably call Salvation Army or Goodwill to come pick up some furniture and stuff that I think will not sell well. I also just don't have the energy to deal with selling it.

My piano was donated to a local church. The folks there were thrilled to get it. So, there is a lot less in the house. I've also packed many boxes of stuff I want to keep, and am continuing to pack, but more slowly now.

The house actually looks pretty darn good!

Two realtors came by today with clients, so we'll see where that goes. In theory, they are supposed to call me 24 hours in advance to schedule with me, but these two called this morning. Fortunately, I was home and it was ok.

I just hope it sells soon so I won't have to worry about showing it. It's very stressful having strangers looking at my home!

Anyway, I am surviving this so far, feel like I am making good progress on the packing. I did leave one vase out of the boxes so I can buy myself flowers when I need something cheery in the house, and have somewhere to put them.

Just wanted to let you all know!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

We just finished moving, for the second time in a year. NO MORE! It is too difficult.

It sounds like you are doing a good job of pacing yourself. Don't slip! I paid heavily when I did. Get rest and hopefully, this will be over soon..

Gentle hugs,

Kim
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

If you've posted your adventures of selling your house before, I've missed those posts .... so I don't know what's going on!!! But ...

Have you ever watched those shows "Sell This House" or "Designed to Sell" on TV? I think one is on the HGTV channel and the other one might be on A&E Channel?

Anyway ... they give you excellent advice on how to stage your house to sell!!

If we ever decide to sell our house, I am going exactly by their suggestions!!

Good luck on selling ....

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

good advice. I've watched those shows and they *are* helpful. I've tried to make sure to keep clutter on surfaces to a minimum. We're not worried yet though, only been on the market a little over a week. Two realtors brought clients yesterday. One of them told my agent the house showed very well, so that's a relief!

I have a very strong feeling the house will sell in October, or we will close escrow in October, but it will happen.

Thank you for the encouragment! It's good to know others have survived this experience!

Peace,
    Beth.