Update on Chest Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thank you everyone for your concern!

I did call the doctor and they told me to go to the ER NOW!

I went home and got my DH to take me. They did all the tests, EKG, blood, and monitored me for about 2 hours. My blood pressure was 171/111 when I went in!

They found nothing wrong, praise God! My BP went down to 126/68 before we left.

The ER doc said he thought it was the Imitrex and said he thought the 100 mg dosage might be too much for me. I've taken it for years, but never had a problem. He gave me an RX for 50 mg tablets, but I'm not filling it. I'm afraid to take them at all now. That pain was horrible and I truly thought it was a heart attack.

I will ask my GP for something else. They probably all have the same risks, but I would still like to try something other than the Imitrex.

My poor husband paced the floor all the time we were there until the doc came back after all the tests (almost 3 hours to get it all done and get results back)and told us the tests showed no damage to my heart and no evidence of any heart attack. When the doc walked out it was the first time my DH had smiled since we got there. He wiped his brow and went schw (I guess that is how I would spell that!).

When we left my DH said it was all worth it just to know I have a "good heart". I said he's always known I have a good heart, now he knows it's healthy, too. Kind of like the car fax check they do on used cars to make sure they are "healthy"!

So again, thanks to all of you! And, yes, absolutly go to the ER if this happens to you! Don't take the risk that it could be your heart!

By the way, the ER doc was very understanding about the fibro. Wanted to know where I had the most pain when I had a flare, etc. Seemed to actually know what it was and accept it as a real disease!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

You are a precious person!! SO very glad you are alright!!

Even at a time of concern....you can be funny. You know...about the good heart? (-:

It sounds like your hubby REALLY loves you!

That is such a good feeling...isn't it?

God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2006]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

If it happens again don;t hesitate to go back though. Love AC
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

If it happens again I will definately wake up the DH!

Thanks everyone for caring!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  5. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

If you get migraines often, you may want to try a beta blocker or topomax to prevent them. I can't take Immitrex or any of the other similar drugs. Prevention has cut the number of migraines that I get way back. When I do get one, fioricet works well for me. It doesn't always get rid of it 100% but it does make it significantly better so I can function.

Anyways, I'm glad you're OK and I hope you find a suitable alternative.

Paula