Update on Daddy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Busyknitter2, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I got some good news today. They have had Daddy on bed rest and the Dr. said that they where going to start him on oral antibiotics instead of IV, and start getting him up and moving and see how he does. If he does ok he may get to leave the hospital. They said something about rehab, and he can do it as either in or out patient. If he does ok and can get out I am going to bring him to my home. My husband is semi-retired and he will be home and he is willing to help.

My brother lives with my Dad but he his not the most dependable person, and he also has to go to work.

They did say that he would probably be on home oxygen and have to take breathing treatments with a nebulizer. We can do all of this, I thought Sunday that I was going to loose him.

I did find out today that in 4-6 weeks they are going to have to take my new grandson c-sction. My son's fiance' will only be 30-32 weeks. The way she is carrying he is growing so tall that he will push on her diaphram and she will not be able to breath. They say he will have to go on a ventalator for a while. She is going to start taking shots to help his lungs develop.

Thank you once again for all of the support, kind words and prayers. I really appreciate them all.
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

That is great news about your dad!! I'm so glad to that he can go to your house when he is let out. My mom HAS to go to rehab as she is on IV for 5 weeks and now today she had to have another blood transfusion.

The nursing homes here are awful. I"ve been having a nervous breakdown and in fact two of the homes they gave me are on the worst 10% IN THE COUNTRY! I'm not kidding! I only found out as it was on the news recently and I googled it last night.

I will keep praying for you and your dad AND the baby too. I just can't believe how you were there for me and then its happening to you. I will pray that he doesn't need the IV treatments so he can be home with you.

I know how emotionally and physically draining it is so I think getting a wheelchair is good for you too. Even if you don't need it that energy your saving by not walking is energy you can use elsewhere.

Take care,
    Rene

3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Thank you for the kind words, and now being there for me. I told my husband about what you where going thru too.

I can understand how you feel and how stressed you are. Glad that you did know that two of the homes had that rating. Is there a social worker at the hospital that can help you.

You and your Mom are in my prayers.

4. Rene

Rene New Member

How is it going with your dad? Do you have a discharge date? My mom will be out tomorrow or friday. It looks like she will be about 17 miles from me which is awful but I saw it and it is the nicest one. Nobody wants her due to 24 hour iv treatment and her psych meds.

Let me know how it is going. Is your dad able to have a visiting nurse come once he is with you? Or are you able to handle everything he needs?
    Take care,
    Rene
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Thanks for asking about Daddy.

He is out of the hospital and due to the oxygen he went home so that the tanks would not have to be trasferred. My husband and I stayed with him last night. We had to come home to take care of a few things here. The Dr. said he would be alright during the day, but he needed someone at night.

My brother lives with him and no longer works the night shift, but he ran out last night. His story is another long story, we have had troble with him for along time. Daddy slept well last night, in fact he was sleeping so sound that he scared me. He is doing a lot better since he got in his own home, he really wanted to go back to his apartment. I am going to take care of a few things here and if my brother does not show up I will go and stay the night again. I will go and check on him either way.

I am so glad that your Mom is getting out also. I know it is hard going that distant, but I am so glad that you found one that you felt half way comfortable with. Will she have to be there from now on?

Please let me know how things are going. Thank you again for being there for me.

You are still in my prayers.

God bless; Pam

6. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam well I'm glad you dad is out of the hospital. My mom got out yesterday too. I'm confused he is home but then he wants to go back to his apartment?

How long will he be on oxygen? How far is he from you? How much energy do you usually have a day?

Well I don't know what happened but the best nursing home in the city accepted my mom!!!!!!! Its only 3 miles from me. I didn't even look at it as they wouldn't accept her on Monday. But I called and talked to them and they were like putting me off.

Well Thurs the hopital called and said they'd take her. Only for a few weeks. It is the best place ever! It is not even like a nursing home. It is attached to a hopital and there were no people in the hall sitting and no smell. They staff was great!
    Its not depressing.

Well I will pray to for you and your dad. I know what you mean about sleeping so quite it scared you.

Take care,
    Rene
  7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so glad that your Mom is out of the hospital and you got her in the best Nursing Home and it is so close to you.

I meant that Daddy is at his home (apartment). I reread what I wrote and can see why you where confused. We will blame that one on my brain fog. HA.

He lives about 8 miles away, and yes I am worried even thou I know that my brother is with him. We took them some dinner tonight. Daddy ate really well. He is about 5'8" tall and weighed 104# the day I took him to the hospital. He has never weighed over 130#, but he is way to skinny now.

He will be on oxygen from now on as it stands now. I cannot get over how much better he looks and is acting since he got out of the hospital.

Some days I have a fair amount of energy, most days not much and than some days it feels like I have none.

Things have caught up with me. I got my kitchen cleaned up and part of the living room, sorted laundry and got one load in dryer and one in washer. I than had to lay down and I am in alot of pain tonight.

You and your Mom are as always in my prayers. Please keep me updated and I will do the same.

Pam

8. Rene

Rene New Member

I'm glad your dad is home. That is was too skinny for your dad. Why does he weigh so little?. My mom is really skinny and weighs about the same too but she has shrunk to 5 ft.

How old is your dad? I hope he continues to improve. I'm glad you got the strenght to clean.

Take care,
    Rene
  9. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My Dad was 70 years old on July 7. He has always been skinny. The most I can ever remember him weighing is 130. He was never one to gain weight. The funny thing is, he is a cookie fanatic, and sweets, but he doesn't gain.

I am paying for the little bit of cleaning I did yesterday. I hurt so bad this morning I can hardly move.

How are you feeling with everything you have been doing and going thru?

Will your Mom have to be in the Nursing Home very long? How old is your Mom, and what all is wrong with her?

We are both going thru a rought time and it is so good to have someone to "talk" to that understands.