Update on Doctor's visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeathersJourney, Mar 8, 2006.

1. HeathersJourney

HeathersJourney New Member

Well, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and to my pleasant suprise he does believe in FM and CFS. To start with he is doing numerous tests on me. I had a ton of blood drawn - thought I was at the blood bank they took so much. Then he did a chest x-ray. I have a cat scan scheduled for Tuesday. He wants to rule out any other diseases first. Which was good. He is not writing me off as some nut case. He basically said I didn't get this way over night, so I am not going to feel relief over night. Which is true. But it does feel good to at least have a doctor who wants to work with me. I will keep everyone posted on the results of my test. Thanks to everyone for all of their good luck wishes and kind words. This is by far the best message board I have ever seen.
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Good doctors are treasures.You need someone to believe you despite bloodwork and someone that is on your side.SO happy you have found a good partner to help you through the world of fm.

Sheila
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

They are ard to find that is for sure. It sounds as if he is going to take good care of you. Best wishes.
  4. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

Glad to hear you found a doctor who's understanding and listens. We all want that.
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You must feel relieved Heather. This is a good start.Take care and thanks for the update.

Kathy.