Update on Dr. appt.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

The lab tech was the nastiest, frowniest lab tech I have ever seen. And, I think she was deliberately rough, too. I told her I was needle phobic, but that I hadn't passed out in awhile. I always tell them so they can be prepared. She just frowned and said "ok". I was already sore from the manipulating the rheumy did on my arms and elbow. She never smiled or said a word the whole time and she kept wiggling and jiggling the needle. She thumped on one of the tubes. It really hurt, and I was doing so much better with my fear since I've had so much blood taken lately. I'll have a bruise the size of Mt. Rushmore...well may be exaggerating a little, but there was blood all over the cotton ball and there is a raised area on my arm that looks like mosquito bite. The rheumy added fibromyalgia with the CFS diagnosis, ordered tests and said to continue with the meds I'm already taking. He said to come back in 2 weeks and he would probably change them then. So, we'll see what happens next. I'm hoping he can help with some of the pain I get by sleeping. Can't win on that one. The restoril give me about 6 hrs of sleep, but then I wake up so stiff and in so much pain it really isn't worth it. And, I'm still tired anyway.
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

I truly believe that our medical system is broken. But it isn't going to change until we start speaking up. I would report her to the practice management. Her lack of compassion and technique are not acceptable. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

I wonder *why* they go into the medical field to begin with. A girl who lived across the street from me worked in radiology at a local hospital. She ended up doing mammograms. She actually told me and some other neighbors, that she *hated to hear women whine about how much it hurt*, and that when she *got a whiney patient, she would mash the equipment on their breasts really tight*. Can you believe that? It would not surprise me in the least if this person who drew your blood deliberately *hurt* you.