update On Duke the best Dog ever.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Jul 22, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Duke went to the vet yesterday.He has lost 5 lbs.in 3 weeks.

Other than that the vet said he is stable.He wants us to let him know as soon as Duke gets less active also if he starts eating less.

Duke is still eating well .But he is still loosing weight.I guess that is the Lymphoma causing the weight loss.

He does not seem to have any pain.Vet is keeping him at the same dose of his med. until things get worst.

Sue
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

This must very difficult for you! I can't imagine going through this! You have my support and Hugs!! But Knowing that there seems to be no pain Helps!! Bless you all!!................sydney
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My heart is with you. This is so heartbreaking. When I hear what a short time you have, I am now thankful that even though we had to carry our 70lb Aussie up and down using a sling to use the bathroom etc for nearly 18months, we had some good times together, even though she could not walk without a great deal of help from us, she did enjoy our company and we work from home. Our other dod it was a sudden thing one day, she could not breathe and it was because she had advanced lung cancer and the vet said, this is her last day. That doggie had never let us know at all.

So I know how you will be cherishing all these extra days. My brothers two spaniels had this and they did loose a lot of weight but seemed happy enough. Their doc said it was painless, but even though the dogs ate well they could not absorb the nutrients.

Love and courage,

Anne Cromwell
  4. I understand very well your feelings and emotions at what is happening to Duke. I had a dog who also had lymphoma. My precious dog was diagnosed when he was 13 and went on to live five more years. My vet only gave him a shot for it during the last six months of his life.I, like you, did not want him to suffer and when the eating stopped I knew it was time.My Mortimer also ate a lot and lost weight.I sincerely wish you both the best.
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Thank you for keeping us updated on Duke.
    I know his health is declining, but I am glad he is not suffering. Please give him a huge hug from me. ~Stacey
  6. kalaya

kalaya New Member

I know it's brutal when your pet is ill,we just had to put our dog of 12 and a half years to sleep and we are devestated.They are far far more than just animals they quite often are our best friends litteraly.I hope your baby gets well.God bless.