update on first peptide injection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Apr 9, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Well, after crashing for 2 days after the injection on Tuesday, I woke up sick on Thursday of last week (I always get sick when I crash) and extremely tired. Was very tired, extra tired, all day, it was very discouraging but then woke up the next day and much to my surprise was some 75% better. I never feel that much better that quickly.

After a few hours I finally realized that the really heavy fatigue I'd had the day before reminded me of herxing - when I herx, I get really really tired, but it does not affect my digestive tract, whereas when I detox, my digestion gets screwed up and feel sort of poisoned.

So I may or may not have been herxing from the peptide injection (which was called CFS virus or something like that).

Since Thursday, I've generally been feeling achey and somewhat tired - the fatigue waxes and wanes - I almost felt crashed this morning, but think it's different.

So I'm either still herxing, or fighting a strange bug, or who the heck knows what's going on. Also, I have a strange taste in mouth - not metallic, but more of a tart taste, like something acidic, lemon or something. But my appetite's fine.

So that's the latest. The best possibility of course is that the injection is killing virus(es) and I'm herxing but have no way of knowing if this is true. The injection may also have nothing at all to do with how I'm feeling.

Will just have to wait and see, and will keep you posted if there are any new developments -

Mary
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I think that's one of the hardest things with these DD - never really knowing what is going on - begin to feel like a lab experiment! :)

Hope you are doing okay -

Mary
  3. spacee

spacee Member

Hope you are coming out of the herx!

Spacee
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the update. I hope you are feeling better. I have Herxed so many times over the years due to ABX and AV's and I know I Herxed following my first two injections. I think the injections cause our immune systems to go after pathogens and when the big dieoff comes, we Herx.

My doc says that even if you only feel better for a short time, that means that the injections will work. Stay positive and good luck. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Well, I think I am still herxing, if that's what it is. I hope that's what's going on, as I still have very little stamina, still have muscle aches and odd taste in my mouth. I'm better than several days ago but it's going very slowly.

I've herxed and detoxed more times than I care to count, but this does feel different than detoxing.

Thanks for your concern - I'm getting by, I even got groceries today, but my house is a disaster and I can't do anything about it, just doing the very bare minimum. It's driving me a little nuts, to be honest! I want to pick up the newspapers and so on ....

But it is getting a tiny bit easier each day so hopefully this will pass soon - I'll keep y'all updated!

Mary
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sooooo good to see you posting. I keep you in my prayers and I thank you for your interest and support. I hope you can get this treatment and that it works for you.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hang in there, kiddo. The shot may be causing your immune system to wake up to all kinds of threats with which it is dealing. This causes great fatigue but is necessary to eventually get well. Just keep the faith, rest a lot and drink water to get the gunk out of your body. This, too, shall pass.

Love, Mikie
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

First, thanks so much for your encouragement! It really is so nice to be able to go on this board and find people who care about the strange things our bodies are going through, which are next to impossible to explain to the "normal" world. I think about writing a book, when/if I ever get my health back, all the things I've learned.

There are hotels near Dr. Gruenn. Unfortunately, he is in a very high rent district - Santa Monica- the cheapest room you'd be able to find would be around $100 (and that's not for a great place to stay), and it goes up from there. If you do end up seeing him, he might agree to letting you do some of the injections at home, after an initial visit or two, but am not sure on this. I want to ask him about this myself after my next appointment as the trip to see him is rather grueling due to nightmare traffic.

There is a Dr. Gerber in Reno who does the injections also. His phone is 775-826-1900, and I think that might be closer to you anyways (and rooms would be cheaper too), depending on where in northern California you are. I actually contacted him a couple of months ago but cannot remember if he takes Medicare, but you could easily find out.

Palm Springs would be too much of a hike for me, 3 to 4 hours. I did see a naturopath several years ago. She was good for checking my nutrition and supplements and so on, and my adrenals (much of which I already knew), but could do nothing for the crashing I have after exertion.

I do keep hoping that I'm herxing - it is getting a little easier every day - I actually got my newspapers picked up! :) and today am going to buy a birthday present for my sister and hopefully a bra, and then back home to rest some more. I'm still achy. It's unusual, because the only times I would ache before would be when I was crashed, and crashing meant don't do anything until it's over, otherwise it gets worse, so I am doign things while my body is aching against all my instincts which say, stop! this feels like a crash! only it's not.

I really appreciate your support so much, and that of all the other people on this board - good luck - I hope you get to try the injections soon -

Best wishes,

Mary
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for your encouragement too - I really do appreciate it. It is getting a little easier each day. I guess I just wish I knew if the aching etc. was doing any good but only time will tell. You're right about the water - thanks for the reminder. And if I wasn't improving, then I would be worried, but I am (the aching etc. is a tiny bit less each day). But I'd like to know why does it all have to be such a mystery? I want to write a detective story about it all! :)

Hope you are doing okay - I saw where you are still sensitive to the sun -

Take care -

Mary
  10. Allen

Allen Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a peptide injection
    Allen
  11. Allen

Allen Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a peptide injection
    Allen
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've done my best to explain the peptide injection treatment as I understand it in several threads here. If you use the search feature, you can read our posts on it.

Basically, the injections replace incorrect peptide sequences in our bodies with the correct sequences. The body eventually learns the correct sequences. That's a very abbreviated version but it's the best I can do right now.

Love, Mikie