Update on Flu shots.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

My husband and I finally had our flu shots this past weekend. My husband said the shot hurt as he got it and for quite
    awhile afterward. Mine didn't hurt as I
    got it, but a few days later it has swollen and turned red, sometimes hurts and sometimes itches. Then today my daughter's mother in law sent me a website that I've known about and checked with before on medical advice but had forgotten. She, being a retired nurse, reads the newsletters often. Anyone interested in the Flu article there can
    go to (Edited by Moderator to Remove URL).

It gave me somthing to think about, but
    too late. If you haven't yet received the shot or have and would like more info
    on it might like to check it out. The main web site addy is (Edited by Moderator to Remove URL) where you will find a Dr.'s opinion on
    many issues, many of which effect FM, CFS
    and other DD's.
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

My husband and I finally had our flu shots this past weekend. My husband said the shot hurt as he got it and for quite
    awhile afterward. Mine didn't hurt as I
    got it, but a few days later it has swollen and turned red, sometimes hurts and sometimes itches. Then today my daughter's mother in law sent me a website that I've known about and checked with before on medical advice but had forgotten. She, being a retired nurse, reads the newsletters often. Anyone interested in the Flu article there can
    go to (Edited by Moderator to Remove URL).

It gave me somthing to think about, but
    too late. If you haven't yet received the shot or have and would like more info
    on it might like to check it out. The main web site addy is (Edited by Moderator to Remove URL) where you will find a Dr.'s opinion on
    many issues, many of which effect FM, CFS
    and other DD's.
  3. kay

kay New Member

I also have his web sight saved. I read it long ago!! Very important for everyone to read. I will never get the flu shot again. I was deathly sick for 2 weeks after I had gotton it, and have had cfs since. Have had fm for a very long time, and cfs since 96. Too bad you got the shot before you read his sight!! darn! Linda
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We are not permitted to post URL's here. You need to give some key info, like the name, Mercola, so that people can use a web search to find the website.

Love, Mikie
  5. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SITE ABOUT THE FLU SHOTS,,BUT , I DONT NO WHAT ADDRESS TO GO TO. CAN YOU POST A LITTLE MORE INFOMATION ABOUT HOW TO GET TO THE SITE..??? THANK YOU, LADYBUG2
  6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I haven't had a flu shot in 15 years, but due to immune disorder (very low IgG and asthma) I'm forced to take it. I did however, ask my dr to give me a child's dose--better some than none. This way I don't get the full strength, since I'm so sensitive to meds like many of us are. Maybe some of you can talk your dr into this idea. At least it will give me some immunity.'
    Tania
  7. kay

kay New Member

Read what ALLHART POSTED this is one be Dr. Maricopa!! SMALL POX OUTBREAK INTERESTING!!!! ITS LONG so you may want to print it out. Linda
  8. nct

nct New Member

Well, I have been getting the flu shot regularly the last 5 years or so. But this is because I got the flu about 6 years ago, and was really really ill for several days. It was awful.
    And also b/c I consider myself high risk...due to my susceptibility to bronchitis, and asthma, and what I believe is a compromised immune system.
    Folks die from the flu. And I've never had a bad reaction; sore arm for a few hours, but then I never notice it again.
    Best to all!

Nancy T
  9. Dara

Dara New Member

on Tuesday, today is Thursday. It hasn't bothered me except for the arm being sorer than usual. In fact, yesterday I felt great, probably the best day I have had in more than six months. However, because of feeling so good I did things that I have been putting off and am now suffering for it today, very very sore. I don't believe the soreness has anything to do with the flu shot though. I guess it's just a matter of choice. I get bronchitis and pneumonia very easy so for me the flu shot is an extra precaution.