Update on Grandbaby:)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jun 30, 2009.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

It's a Boy!,,,,,The kids called yesterday morning and had just got done with the ultrasound,,everything is fine and the baby appears to be strong and healthy!,,They have the name "Braydon James" picked out,I just wanted to fill you all in on the news!,,,,so exciteing!,,,,Sis
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Congratulations Sis!!!!!!!!!!! I love the name!!!!!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks Mickey!
    Since i have all girls ,,like you!,,,it will be really nice to have a Boy in the family!,,,I wonder what he's going to look like!,,,Don has dark brown hair and green eyes,,,,,and Janell has light brown hair and blue eyes,,,,,,it will be a happy day in our lives when he arrives!,,,sis
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

A new baby is always an exciting event. Hope he's healthy and happy.

I 'spect his friends will dub him "Raygun". Smiling out loud.

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks!,,,she's due the last week of October,,to,,the 1st week of November,,,Yes Rock,,,Raygun sounds like a nickname that could possibly take hold!,,,lolol,,,,this is going to be a very new territory for me!,,,a baby boy (wow!),,,,yes i will remain calm!,,,lolol,,,S
  6. jole

jole Member

I can just hear the excitement and joy in your words...good for you!!! I think those grands are even more exciting than our own kids were! My youngest is expecting in mid September...she's devistated at the weight she's gained...told her it'll be worth it, and the weight will come off. This will be our 9th. Six are boys!

Sorry if I forgot, are you going to get to be there for the birth? I didn't with my g/kids...could have, but thought that was their special time...but boy did I stick to that phone like glue! What beautiful, heart-warming words to hear when they finally arrive.

Bless your daughter and hope she has a safe and easy delivery. Good luck to you, and happy grandparenting!!
    Love, Jole

7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

The thrill of having a new baby in the family! I remember just waiting by the phone too. Our grands are all grown. The youngest will be a jr. next yr. in college and will be India, of all places! I don't know - this generation travels the world over.

jole: Wehad 9 grands and 6 were boys. But we have gained 3 GD-in-laws. They are just as wonderful and will gain another one in Dec.

Congrats again.

Gentle Hugs,

8. sisland

sisland New Member

My youngest is a libra,,Her birthday is Oct. 22nd,,,and My Moms was the 10th of November so anywhere in there will be fine!,,lolol,,,Thanks for your support gals!,,i'm planning on going down as soon as she calls me and says she's in labor! it's a 9 hour drive to where they live so believe me it' will be worth every mile!,,,,and hopefully the Baby will wait for Gramma!,,,lolol yeah right!

wow Jole you have alot of grands! congrats!,,,and to your girl whose due in september,,not very far away!,,,bet your excited toooo!,,just tell her that the weight will come right off when she has to start chaseing the Baby around!

My youngest girl lives just 140 miles this side of Don and Janell so i'll probably just go that far and we will drive togeather from there!,,,,,,,

so many plans to make! I'm throwing a Baby/birthday party up this way on the 26th of July so both familes can be here for that!,

Thanks Joan!,,,,,wow someday i'll be saying that the grand kids are all grown up and travleing the world too,,9 is a big # when it comes to grands!,,,,,,sis

[This Message was Edited on 07/01/2009]
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good luck on that little grandbaby soon to be born. You all must be very excited. I have had 5 kids and 8 grandkids. They are all precious 19 years to 5.

I am guessing it is your first. Is that correct? That is definately the most exciting but they are all wonderful.

Thanks for letting us know.

I love that name too.

10. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes it's my first! and yes we are all very happy and excited!,,congrats on your 5 grands!,,,,you still have a little one at 5 years old,,,,There will be many more years of enjoyment!,,,HUgs!,,,sis
  11. kjade

kjade New Member

Congrats Sisland!! That is so exciting. I am very happy for you!! And a little boy....they are just wonderful!
    Best wishes!! :)
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

KJade!,,,and i'm hopeing and praying that all goes well with your new little one Too!,,,sis
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Yep~~~All Girls,,,so yes this will be a new and exciteing territory,,lolol,,,,when i was having the girls i always thought they were boys ,,,just had to wait i guess!,,,I hope your doing good!,,,,HUgs!,,,sis
  14. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Sis, congratulations!

My daughter had our first granchild in April. A son also. They are such loving parents. He has his Gran and Paps wrapped around his little finger!

My girlfriend had her first granchild, another boy, several months before Sam. She told me that I'd feel a love I've never felt before. How right she was! Sam is my sun and my moon!

I can tell you are so excited! With very good reason! How exciting to have a BOY to join all of those females! He will be adored by all.

Enjoy these moments. It seemed as if Elizabeth's pregnancy flew by...until the last two weeks!

15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

the sexes seem to flip many times to the opposite sex when it is time for the new generation. We had all girls and then one boy. Now we have 1 girl (the first grandchild) and 7 boys. That is too weird. The girls were 2 years apart and then about 5 years from the last girl to the boy. Now, that was a shock - the pregnancy and the birth !

Hope you get a mixture of sexes and they get to live closeby. Not all of mine do and do not always see them that often.

Keep us informed please, we are waiting !!!!

16. sisland

sisland New Member

How special Kim that you have little Sam in your life now! I bet you are loving every minute with him,,,I wonder if our Daughters and sil's know what the magnitude of the gift of a grandchild is?,,,,,,,

To us it's the Ultimit gift,,i think it's more specical because we have an illness and the grandbabies are something to look forward to and to love like no other!,,Thanks for your support!

Granni~~~ Wow the sexes of the kids really did flip around! my side of the family is known for either all girls or all boys,,,so this is special!,,,Thanks for your suport also!,,I think God has something to do with it if you ask me!,,,,,,,,HUgs!,,,Sis