Update on knee-he thinks it is from the accident at work and

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Aug 28, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

is calling the powers that be to get it switched to workman's comp. I hope he has the pull and the confidence he showed me in getting this taken care of because my boss just laughed at me and said you think that silly tray caused this-why you did not even have a bruise!--jerks-already have a good workmans comp attorney lined up-if they give me crap-I'll just have it done on my insurance tap back into LTD from my back which is very doable talked to them today-just need documentation. So $$ wise will have something coming in during recooperation period.

I have a headhunter looking for a job for me and I have a real good bite in Blue Ridge, GA-in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains one and a half hours out of atlanta. i am going to meet with him on Sept 6th god willing and he knows about my knee and is willing to wait for me-he is that impressed by me. I told him it could be up to three months with my 30 day notice and the insurance issue-he said no problem. He knows I have fibro and arthritis and has no silly policies about calling in 24 hours in advance if you are sick. He is willing to work with me on my schedule and said we could schedule the ob cases with the doctors for me and I would not have to put in but 30-35 hours a week and we would schedule around my doctor visits etc. Since fibro is a continuing illness, I can use fmla and not use sick days if I want once there a year. It is a small hospital in a rural community where I would have a chance to learn vascular and echos(heart studies) and aventually they will pay for me to take some classes and attend confrences in atlanta so I could get my certification in those as well.

The hospital has only 42 beds and just a small out patient business from 2 OB docs and the other guy does all the echos and venous stuff-I will have the occasional abdomen to do or kidneys but that is it. They have two OB docs who need someone with my experience to work with the them. My boss to be?he he has a home 10 minutes from the hospital with the Appalation trail just down the road with wild deer and turkeys running through the woods in his back yard. he knows two people with horse ranches that my daughter could probably barter with to ride for cleaning and stuff around the ranch. It sounds way too good to be true but i did not knock on the door-I just happened to answer the phone at work and there was Leslie, the recruiter on the other end-set up the phone interview with Russ(my new boss he eh, it is in the bag if I want it)he fell in love with me. he said he respected my honesty and said that my disability is just that and he has to make resonable accomocations for a bright young lady such as nmyself :) He sounds like a real decent human being.

the kids and I all agree that we need a fresh start-greensboro and the hospital I work for has not been very good to us. they love the idea of moving to the country. We will see how it unfolds-it is in god's hands not mine.

As far as the knee-he wants to go in orthoscopicly and repair the torn meniscus(ligament just below your cartilege) and leave the ACL alone. He said with the fibro he feels reconstruction on that would add injury to insult and feels my pain is souly from the torn miniscus. He is going to get it in writting from workman's compensation though that after a year or what ever time passes and my knee still gives me a time then we can go backin and repair ACL-it is only ripped half way so it is still stabilizing my knee and that is all it is for. On physical exam knee is stable. he said unless I want to participate in the triathalon that he feels I will be good as new with the minor repair surgery. three-six weeks off of it with psyical therapy and then about 4 months with a brace. ACL reconstruction means a year of recovery minimum-and also good news he said after really looking at the cartilage in my knee that osteo not bad at all in that knee.

So for now I am working on restricted duty because I am one incident from being fired. i am a peg leg-LOL, have to wear a brace that keeps my knee form bending at all it is quite cute! :( As soon as I see about this other job and sew things up- I will have the surgery and give my notice while out. I am done with these people. the only responce I am getting about my pain and my injury is anger because I am messing up their schedule. Not one person has asked what they can do for me, my boss threw the schedule at me when I told her I needed surgery and asked me what the he*8 she was suppose to do and that my timing sucks--they are trying to find a reason to fire me. I know this from a good source and am not paronoid so do nto worry.

My doctor even said that he feels I need a good labor attorney because every absence this year was due to my children being ill, or me getting sick because everyone comes to work sick because of our attenedence policy-then we all get sick it is a viscious cycle! The last one is from the knee which if workmans comp does what they are supose to do will be erased.

As far as the job-It is a real laid back atmosphere and he said they have a transporter and there is no pushing the machines for the ladies or transporting patients. He is so jazzed just from out telephone interview that he knows about the knee and will agree to keep a temp there until I am back on my feet.

NO CALL-one radiologist and one other tech that is it.
    He said work load is from 3-6 patients a day--$wise same as I make and they will move me there find me a rental pay first couple of months rent and a sign on bonus.

BTW-daughter went to infectious didease doc today and her test was never opositive for lyme they read it wrong-he ran a battery of test on other vector diseases and I will know more in two weeks-she is still ill but hanging in there.

sorry so long but had to catch you all up-thank you so much for your support, it means more to me than you know-it is sometimes the only support I get these days after being beat up by work and my husband-of course he is picking everything apart that I am doing and trying to run the show form south dakota-it is sad but there just is not much left there I do not think-time will tell-so far what it is telling me is I need to take one day at a time if not a minute at a time until we get through this to the other side wherever that may be.

thanks for listening once agian I am afraid this is a bit wordy! LOL

In friendship

cathy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2002]
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

is calling the powers that be to get it switched to workman's comp. I hope he has the pull and the confidence he showed me in getting this taken care of because my boss just laughed at me and said you think that silly tray caused this-why you did not even have a bruise!--jerks-already have a good workmans comp attorney lined up-if they give me crap-I'll just have it done on my insurance tap back into LTD from my back which is very doable talked to them today-just need documentation. So $$ wise will have something coming in during recooperation period.

I have a headhunter looking for a job for me and I have a real good bite in Blue Ridge, GA-in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains one and a half hours out of atlanta. i am going to meet with him on Sept 6th god willing and he knows about my knee and is willing to wait for me-he is that impressed by me. I told him it could be up to three months with my 30 day notice and the insurance issue-he said no problem. He knows I have fibro and arthritis and has no silly policies about calling in 24 hours in advance if you are sick. He is willing to work with me on my schedule and said we could schedule the ob cases with the doctors for me and I would not have to put in but 30-35 hours a week and we would schedule around my doctor visits etc. Since fibro is a continuing illness, I can use fmla and not use sick days if I want once there a year. It is a small hospital in a rural community where I would have a chance to learn vascular and echos(heart studies) and aventually they will pay for me to take some classes and attend confrences in atlanta so I could get my certification in those as well.

The hospital has only 42 beds and just a small out patient business from 2 OB docs and the other guy does all the echos and venous stuff-I will have the occasional abdomen to do or kidneys but that is it. They have two OB docs who need someone with my experience to work with the them. My boss to be?he he has a home 10 minutes from the hospital with the Appalation trail just down the road with wild deer and turkeys running through the woods in his back yard. he knows two people with horse ranches that my daughter could probably barter with to ride for cleaning and stuff around the ranch. It sounds way too good to be true but i did not knock on the door-I just happened to answer the phone at work and there was Leslie, the recruiter on the other end-set up the phone interview with Russ(my new boss he eh, it is in the bag if I want it)he fell in love with me. he said he respected my honesty and said that my disability is just that and he has to make resonable accomocations for a bright young lady such as nmyself :) He sounds like a real decent human being.

the kids and I all agree that we need a fresh start-greensboro and the hospital I work for has not been very good to us. they love the idea of moving to the country. We will see how it unfolds-it is in god's hands not mine.

As far as the knee-he wants to go in orthoscopicly and repair the torn meniscus(ligament just below your cartilege) and leave the ACL alone. He said with the fibro he feels reconstruction on that would add injury to insult and feels my pain is souly from the torn miniscus. He is going to get it in writting from workman's compensation though that after a year or what ever time passes and my knee still gives me a time then we can go backin and repair ACL-it is only ripped half way so it is still stabilizing my knee and that is all it is for. On physical exam knee is stable. he said unless I want to participate in the triathalon that he feels I will be good as new with the minor repair surgery. three-six weeks off of it with psyical therapy and then about 4 months with a brace. ACL reconstruction means a year of recovery minimum-and also good news he said after really looking at the cartilage in my knee that osteo not bad at all in that knee.

So for now I am working on restricted duty because I am one incident from being fired. i am a peg leg-LOL, have to wear a brace that keeps my knee form bending at all it is quite cute! :( As soon as I see about this other job and sew things up- I will have the surgery and give my notice while out. I am done with these people. the only responce I am getting about my pain and my injury is anger because I am messing up their schedule. Not one person has asked what they can do for me, my boss threw the schedule at me when I told her I needed surgery and asked me what the he*8 she was suppose to do and that my timing sucks--they are trying to find a reason to fire me. I know this from a good source and am not paronoid so do nto worry.

My doctor even said that he feels I need a good labor attorney because every absence this year was due to my children being ill, or me getting sick because everyone comes to work sick because of our attenedence policy-then we all get sick it is a viscious cycle! The last one is from the knee which if workmans comp does what they are supose to do will be erased.

As far as the job-It is a real laid back atmosphere and he said they have a transporter and there is no pushing the machines for the ladies or transporting patients. He is so jazzed just from out telephone interview that he knows about the knee and will agree to keep a temp there until I am back on my feet.

NO CALL-one radiologist and one other tech that is it.
    He said work load is from 3-6 patients a day--$wise same as I make and they will move me there find me a rental pay first couple of months rent and a sign on bonus.

BTW-daughter went to infectious didease doc today and her test was never opositive for lyme they read it wrong-he ran a battery of test on other vector diseases and I will know more in two weeks-she is still ill but hanging in there.

sorry so long but had to catch you all up-thank you so much for your support, it means more to me than you know-it is sometimes the only support I get these days after being beat up by work and my husband-of course he is picking everything apart that I am doing and trying to run the show form south dakota-it is sad but there just is not much left there I do not think-time will tell-so far what it is telling me is I need to take one day at a time if not a minute at a time until we get through this to the other side wherever that may be.

thanks for listening once agian I am afraid this is a bit wordy! LOL

In friendship

cathy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2002]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It is good to hear things are coming together for you, and you have some serious people on your side.

I hope the move works out, raising children in the country today is the way to go!

Your health will no doubt improve also.

I hope all this works out for you, and as always sending you good thoughts and blessings.

Shalom,Shirl
  4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I think the country would be great too. I have always been my best in the mountains or wide open spaces where I can breathe!

I am hoping everything is as nice as it sounds when I get there for the interview.

cathy
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Wow, what a difference a few days can make. I'm so happy things are working out for you! But I'm going to gently tease you abt your post entitled "going to orthop...ugg! The ugg being the operative word...see how we worry (& I'm sure you've read me say what a worrywart I am!) and it turns out ok. So let's both remember next time not to dread things, and take them one day at a time, k?..lol

A fresh start with a support group (your new boss & staff) sounds like a wonderful idea. And it has to help to know your kids are excited about it too.

Sounds like you found a fantastic, supportive doctor which is also an inspiration for those still dealing with 18th century doctors. There are good doctors, yippee!! Thanks so much for sharing your story. Keep us posted. Michele

P.S. I enjoyed FL thru your posts, thank you.