Update on Lymie (and my brother) PJ1954

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by munch1958, Jun 21, 2012.

1. munch1958

munch1958 Member

My brother PJ is currently in the hospital with hypercalcemia associated with lung cancer. His calcium should be between 8.5 - 11.5 but it shot up to 18 which is life threatening. He's been given an infusion to bring it down and to stop the calcium from being leeched from his bones. He recently fell and fractured a vertebrae.

After being diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the left lung, he had a lung removed in Dec 10. After one year of follow-up with his Hem/Onc he developed metastatic disease in his liver and a tumor growing off the stump of where his lung used to be.

His daughter is organizing Hugs for Helping Hands for Patrick on Give Forward dot com if anyone remembers him. He was treated for Lyme by Dr C in MO for a few years. I recently asked him if he'd switch to my LLMD in IL, Dr M, but he said that if he was alive in 5 years after losing the lung he would do it.

I am sure he would appreciate hearing from anyone he used to chat with on Prohealth with a message or greeting card. He's going to be 58 in Oct. Way too young for all of this.

Thanks!

Munch1958 aka Linda McNulty Sauer

PS: I am doing great and feeling wonderful after my spine fractures. I recently got an intrathecal pain pump. It's been very hard for me to sit so I don't post much anymore. Just have time for FB. Hope everyone here has found answers. I do miss chatting with so many of you. I know my brother misses the support here.