Update on me and my pregnancy...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by severina, Oct 26, 2002.

1. severina

severina New Member

Hello again, all of you! I havent been here for a while yet again, but its good to come back
    and read up on all of you and how you are getting on.
    Cindi, sorry I didnt reply to you, my apologies.
    Well, I am 23 weeks pregnant now and on Monday, I have my major scan at the hospital.
    Of course I am nervous, it will be my 4th scan, but still scary,and hoping all is well.
    Im doing not too bad. Ive had a rather bad cough/cold/allergy thing going on for the past
    2 months or so. Its worse coz I cant take any meds,but Im trying to cope as best I can.

My other symptoms havent been too bad either.but, just lately my facial numbness and the
    odd 'weird' headache has arisen again, which Im not too happy about - its just another
    thing to be worried about - but Im trying to think positively.
    I turned 37 yesterday, so I feel like Im at various turning points in my life right now - most
    of them good ones of course - but the fibro doesnt go away so easy,and Im just hoping
    that I am able to cope when baby comes - which Im sure I will coz I have a wonderful
    fiancee and mother to help me.
    At the moment I am still working full time, its getting a bit awkward a sore now, since my
    belly is growing so much, but I am staying there for as long as I am able - no point being
    at home just yet when I am able to still get around ok.
    Hope you all have a pain free day,and best wishes.
    love
    arlenex
  2. severina

severina New Member

Hello again, all of you! I havent been here for a while yet again, but its good to come back
    and read up on all of you and how you are getting on.
    Cindi, sorry I didnt reply to you, my apologies.
    Well, I am 23 weeks pregnant now and on Monday, I have my major scan at the hospital.
    Of course I am nervous, it will be my 4th scan, but still scary,and hoping all is well.
    Im doing not too bad. Ive had a rather bad cough/cold/allergy thing going on for the past
    2 months or so. Its worse coz I cant take any meds,but Im trying to cope as best I can.

My other symptoms havent been too bad either.but, just lately my facial numbness and the
    odd 'weird' headache has arisen again, which Im not too happy about - its just another
    thing to be worried about - but Im trying to think positively.
    I turned 37 yesterday, so I feel like Im at various turning points in my life right now - most
    of them good ones of course - but the fibro doesnt go away so easy,and Im just hoping
    that I am able to cope when baby comes - which Im sure I will coz I have a wonderful
    fiancee and mother to help me.
    At the moment I am still working full time, its getting a bit awkward a sore now, since my
    belly is growing so much, but I am staying there for as long as I am able - no point being
    at home just yet when I am able to still get around ok.
    Hope you all have a pain free day,and best wishes.
    love
    arlenex
  3. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I am glad your okay hope you continue to have good reports. Are you having a girl or boy? Hope you have a painfree weekend and week.
    Hugs,
    Ann
  4. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I have never responded to your posts before...but have read them..thanks for the update. Being a former Labor and Delivery nurse..I can't help but follow these updates....I have a lot of fond memories of when I used to deliver babies......please keep us posted...and please don't over-do it...pregnancy is energy consuming.... growing babies take whatever they need to develope properly...even if it means tapping into your reserve.......Looking forward to following this event....DJ
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good to hear from you, and that you are doing well. Keep up the good work!

Also, keep us updated on your condition. Glad to hear you have a supportive Mom and boyfriend too. That is so very important for a pregnacy and Fibro.

Take care, and good thoughs going your way!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. severina

severina New Member

Thanks all so much for your replies, especially Shirl.
    I will of course keep you all updated on my and babies progress..
    Very nervous about tomorrow but hopefully all will be well.
    Take care
    love
    a
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Good luck on your scan and pregnancy, I thing everything going to go smooth for you. I had second baby when I was 37
    also and had fm. My fibro didn`t get any worse because of the pregancy. If anything, it let up and was milder. I`ve heard that a lot of women with fm, feel better when they were pregnant. Also, I did very well taking care of the baby when it came. I still felt pretty good and had a good amount of energy. Our bodies are amazing, providing for mother and baby.
    Enjoy the pregnacy and that baby, it all goes by so fast.
    Your going to be just fine!
  8. dorothy

dorothy New Member

good to hear from you and baby.... please let us know how your scan goes.... do you know the sex yet???? I cant believe it's 23 weeks already..... glad to hear you feeling well.... that's a good thing..... you dont have long now.... i bet you just can't wait.....

well keep us posted.

smiles
    Dorothy