UPDATE on me... CockatooMom...PLEASE read...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Aug 26, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hey Gang!

Well, I have one more week off, then it's back to school for me!

I had been EXTREMELY depressed and posted about it on the depression board the other week. I'm glad to report I am doing much better!

The generic klonopin (.50 mg) seems to be the right dose to prevent my RLS and night-time jerking and still not feel groggy in the morning!

In fact, since I added the 8mg of Zanaflex (muscle relaxers) back in my med schedule, WITH the klonopin, I am sleeping better, waking earlier, and feeling more refreshed! (Hooray!!)

I AM READY to go back to nursing school! I want to get it over with. My other classmates, that I have talked to, feel the same. A few of us have vowed to help each other get through this mess!

I haven't been doing exercise to lose weight. That just cannot be a priority right now. But, I am exercising and stretching to FEEL GOOD and help my pain on a regular schedule.

My pain is still concentrated in my lower body (knees and ankles) but the vicoden takes the edge off.

I got a "new look" for the new school year...I got about 8-9 inches cut off my hair! And I'm sportin' some new "hip-lookin" glasses(that's what my daughter and her friend call them). I'll post a new pic when I can get hubby to take one.

I may not be on daily to check the board and reply to posts, but I will when I can. The next 14 weeks are going to be CRAZY!!

When ya'll think about me, please shoot up a prayer or post a "quickie" note on the board << (THAT always makes me feel better!) Especially since I don't get verbal support from my hubby.

Love you guys! Thanks for reading and ya'll will be in my prayers too...

HUGS,
    Erayna / AKA...E

[This Message was Edited on 08/27/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know you will reach your goal. Just take it one day at a time. I'm glad you have support from your classmates; that makes it easier.

Kathy
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

your courage. Lotsa luck.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

E:

Best of luck and prayers go up.

Check in when you can. I know I would be interested on how you are faring during the next fourteen weeks.

nyrofan
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I will say a prayer for you. I got my degree very shortly before I got so sick. I cannot imagine trying to go to school now. I can barely think straight enough to make a grocery list or balance the checkbook. In fact, I rarely get either one right and my parents have helped me by loaning me a few bucks to cover the bad checks I did not even realize I had written!

I wish you the best.

Linda
  6. jrose

jrose New Member

Good luck,cmom. Keep us updated whenever possible. Don't know if u saw my post about Nutrisystem but had to go off if after 1 week-terrible itching,think it could have been soy allergy which i didn't know about. Food was edible-some stuff was pretty good,some ok and some awful. Judy
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

My BF is a nurse, she has been for 30 years. I truly admire and appreciate what they do.

You should be commended, this world needs a lot more people like you in it. Thanks-Carla
  8. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

for more to read & reply, hopefully...
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm so proud of you for going back to Nursing School!!

Sure that it is going to be an effort but try to rest

often and not overdo your days.

Tell your Hubby if he doen't show a little more encourage

-ment and support, I may have to find another six or

eight "grown men" and come have a "talk" with him!! OK?

We're wiff ya!! P.S. Tell husband he's gonna have ta
    keep the Bird's Cage Clean while
    you're busy with school!
    MRDAD