Update on Medical

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Jun 25, 2017.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great update, GB.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi GB

Glad to hear the cancer hasn't spread. I went to a site called WebMD. It says the treatment
    is not painful and discusses side effects, etc. It also says that X rays are taken during the
    procedure, but they will not provide any information about the patient's condition. They
    are only to provide info about positioning the patient to get the best picture.

Best of luck to DH
    Rock
    Arew1991 and gb66 like this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

GB,

Thanks for the update. Good news! Keeping y'all in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
    gb66 likes this.
  5. hangininthere

Thanks for the great update, GB.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  6. rockgor

Hi GB

Glad to hear things are going well. If the docs keep to this schedule it will all be
    over in about another month and a week. Hope everything continues without any
    problems.

hugs,

rock
    gb66 likes this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad to hear he's doing so well. I'm keeping up the prayers. Hope you can get some rest and energy. It was good to hear from you on the Porch.

Love, Mikie
    gb66 likes this.
  8. hangininthere

Thanks for updates. Surely praying, GB. God help. Amen.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  9. rockgor

Hi GB

Sorry to hear the additional bad news. Best of luck to both your DH
    and your DD. I tried to find some statistics about survival rates on line, but
    I didn't really know enough medicine to understand all the info that is available.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  10. hangininthere

Thanks for update. Thank God.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear GB,

I am so very sorry to hear this news. My good friend here in the community is currently under treatment for breast cancer and her prognosis is also good. I have a list of people I have been praying for every day, including your DH. I will add your DD as well. Be sure your DD makes the docs aware if the radiation burns her skin. It is always a risk but Nancy's DD had severe burns. She didn't say anything until they got severe. Not trying to scare you. Just hoping to prevent this from happening to your DD. Please keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
    gb66 likes this.
  12. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.

My DH has only 3 more radiation treatments left and he's doing well. He has trouble with his bladder and gets up nearly every hour to visit the bathroom and also some stomach issues but nothing painful, just annoying. This may continue for several months after the treatments are finished. As far as we know, it hasn't spread.

But, unfortunately, my DD got the report on her latest biopsy yesterday and she has 5 out of 9 positive lymph nodes. She will have to undergo radiation and chemo. She is only 54 years old, has 3 children, 2 stepchildren, and 5 grandchildren. I'm so scared for her. GB
    Mikie likes this.
  13. hangininthere

Oh GB, this is terrifying news for you all. Praying for all. Praying her treatments work well. Amen.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  14. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Thanks Patti. Yes, it is terrifying. It's the last thing I would have expected. My older daughter, age 58, had her hip replaced last week and she is in a lot of pain. It's been a bad summer for us. GB
    Mikie and hangininthere like this.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids,

GB, I'm so happy for your DH but am so sorry about your DD. I hope your other DD heals quickly. I keep y'all in my prayers. Thanks for the update.

Love, Mikie
    gb66 likes this.
  16. rockgor

Hi GB

I hope things continue to improve for DH. I'm sorry to hear your DDs are having
    serious health problems. I hope they all get some better every day. And you take
    care of yourself too.

Love upload_2017-8-26_7-35-46.jpeg
    Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  17. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rock! That's so pretty. It reminds me of a wall plaque I once had. I would love to be an artist. I have no artistic ability whatsoever. My younger daughter is very talented however. She used to draw and do needlework that looked professional. Now she has tremors that prevent her from doing a lot of those activities.

I know I'm getting old but it is shocking to me when I see my kids having problems such as these. They are not supposed to be this sick. GB
    rockgor likes this.
  18. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Thank you Mikie for your prayers. My daughter called yesterday after finding out about the cancer having spread to her lymph nodes and she told her daddy that she was fine, not to worry about her, that she was strong.

Then, she called her sister and cried her heart out. She's so afraid of needles and also has a fear of nausea and throwing up. She also mentioned that she is afraid that she isn't going to make it. GB
    Mikie and hangininthere like this.
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

GB, I am so very sorry. No mother and wife should have to go through this. I am praying for you all. I am going back to writing my prayers on a little piece of paper and putting them in a prayer box. I'd gotten away from it but there are so many needing prayer and that box seemed to have worked before. It is written in the Bible and in Buddhism to do this. As Rock said, please take good care of yourself too.

Love, Mikie
  20. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Thank you once again Mikie. :) GB