Update on Medical

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Jun 25, 2017.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Another update from my younger daughter. She just had a cat scan and was supposed to start chemo on Tuesday for the breast cancer, and polyps that it's spread to. The cat scan showed something in her colon, so now she's having a colonoscopy on Tues. instead. I don't know what to make of this. Please keep her in your prayers.

My husband finished his radiation treatments two weeks ago and has been feeling bad. He's very tired and dizzy. The doc said its normal after radiation and may go on for awhile. We weren't expecting this. GB
    hangininthere likes this.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi GB

Sorry to hear the bad news. Doubly bad. I hope DH and DD can get the best treatment
    and are soon better.

Love, Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

gb66 - I'm so sorry that your family is having to go through so much right now. It's hard enough having one family member with cancer, but to have two at the same time, I can't even imagine. I hope that your husband starts to feel better soon, and that nothing serious shows up during your daughter's colonoscopy. Sending healing prayers to both of them.
    gb66 likes this.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and good wishes.

Daughter had the colonoscopy yesterday and the mass turned out to be a cluster of cysts attached to the outside of her colon. They did a biopsy and the results will be ready tomorrow but they're pretty certain they are benign. She says that she never would have thought she's be relieved to 'only have breast cancer', but I can understand why. GB
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    bct, TigerLilea and hangininthere like this.
  5. rockgor

Hoping for continued good news, GB. The best to you and your daughter.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Well, the good news is that the cysts are benign. Unfortunately, the colonoscopy procedure caused an infection when they went through the colon wall to draw off some of the fluid from the cysts for testing. At least that's the way my granddaughter related it in her email.

My dd has been in the hospital for several days and is in a lot of pain. If her next cat scan shows no problems, then she will go home tomorrow. The infection is better.
    She was supposed to have the port for the chemo installed this week but I don't know if that's been delayed. Very rough going. GB
  7. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

OMG, your poor daughter, thanks for the update, GB. Glad the infection is better.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  8. rockgor

Very rough going, indeed! Well, part of the news is good. How old is your daughter, GB?
    Was she generally in good health before this?

It's hard to deal with more than one catastrophe at a time. Give her a gentle hug from us.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

More prayers going up. I'm glad the mass was benign. They nicked my Mom's colon when they did emergency surgery on her uterus and she got an infection from it. Lots of antibiotics helped her recover but it can indeed make a person sick. I pray for complete recovery and good health for your DD.

Love, Mikie
    gb66 likes this.
  10. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, She will be 55 on next Friday. Her general health was good prior to this. She's the daughter who became a grandmother of three babies, all in one year. Born last Jan., Feb., and Sept. GB
    Mikie and hangininthere like this.
  11. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Daughter is in a lot of pain from the cysts in her colon or from the infection. Not sure which one. She is going to have another MRI next week and then is to have surgery to remove the cysts. Before she had the colonoscopy she was not in any pain and unaware of the problem.

Her cancer treatments have been put on hold for now. It's a mess. GB
  12. hangininthere

Oh GB, so terrible. Bless her heart. God help. Amen.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry. Prayers going up. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
    gb66 likes this.
  14. rockgor

Hi GB

I hope your daughter is strong both physically and emotionally. That's an awful lot to
    deal with at one time. The best to both of you.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  15. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

She saw the surgeon last week and he said no surgery was necessary. The cysts may never give her a problem. If they do in the future, they'll deal with it then.

She has had the port inserted and will start chemo soon for the breast cancer. Then, 39 radiation treatments. It's going to be a long winter for her. GB
  16. hangininthere

Thanks for update, GB. Glad no surgery. Wow, a lot of radiation treatments after the chemo.

How's your hubby doing post treatment?

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  17. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

He's doing very well. Thank you for asking. He feels less tired and the trips to the bathroom are not as frequent as they were. The radiation seems to irritate the bladder when it's in that area. His PSA was much lower so it looks as though it worked the way it was supposed to. He has another appnt. in Dec. GB
    rockgor and hangininthere like this.
  18. hangininthere

Thanks for update, good.

Patti
    rockgor and gb66 like this.
  19. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

My daughter had her 2nd chemo treatment last Friday. She just lost a big clump of her hair today. She having some other side effects and they may get worse during the next two treatments. I feel so bad for her. It literally makes me feel sick to see the pic she posted on FB of the hair in her tub after her bath. GB
  20. hangininthere

So sad, GB. Thanks for the update. Praying.

Patti
    gb66 likes this.