Update on my B12 injections...input required

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sindy-Uk, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Hi,
    In my last post I mentioned my doc was going to start me on high dose 10,000 mcg injections for fatigue and memory problems. Some of you thought this was quite high. I was not sure how often she wanted me to have this. Well I have received 30 (10,000 mcg) vials from the Wellness Pharmacy.
    I spoke to my doctor today and she said I should have 1(10,000mcg) injection daily for 14 days. If I see improvement then I should have 1 per week.
    I am still waiting for my syringes, which I should receive tomorrow hopefully. Most of the responses I had in my last post said, 10,000 was quite high. One person said they had 1 25,000 mcg a month. This clinic said about 70 per cent of the people benefited from this therapy at their clinic.
    I would like to know from anyone who has received such high doses. I am just a little worried about any side effects. My doc said there aren't any.
    Many thanks in advance.

Satin
  2. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Hi,
    In my last post I mentioned my doc was going to start me on high dose 10,000 mcg injections for fatigue and memory problems. Some of you thought this was quite high. I was not sure how often she wanted me to have this. Well I have received 30 (10,000 mcg) vials from the Wellness Pharmacy.
    I spoke to my doctor today and she said I should have 1(10,000mcg) injection daily for 14 days. If I see improvement then I should have 1 per week.
    I am still waiting for my syringes, which I should receive tomorrow hopefully. Most of the responses I had in my last post said, 10,000 was quite high. One person said they had 1 25,000 mcg a month. This clinic said about 70 per cent of the people benefited from this therapy at their clinic.
    I would like to know from anyone who has received such high doses. I am just a little worried about any side effects. My doc said there aren't any.
    Many thanks in advance.

Satin
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I can only tell you what I'm doing. I started on B-12 injections recently, too. I was to start with once a week injections at 5,000 mcg, 7,500 mcg the next week, 10,000 third week (which was today) and then to gradually increase the frequency until I am at 10,000 mcg 3 times a week. From research I have read it is among the higher dosages used in treatment for fatigue. Have you researched it to find out what other treament protocals are?

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2002]
  4. lonnye

lonnye New Member

My doctor gives me l0,000 mcg/ml Methylcobalamin and recommends 1 cc per injection, given daily. I have been doing this, although not regularly, for a few years. He explained the higher doses are needed for CFS. I have only had one time when I gave myself more than 1 cc that I experienced jitteriness. Recently, I like using 1/2 cc Ultra-Fine insulin syringe because it doesn't hurt, so I don't mind giving it to myself daily (but it's only l/2 cc). When I use the 25G 3cc/ml (give l cc), the larger needle scares me a bit. I hope this helps.
  5. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Thankyou for responding.
    Barbra-I have tried to research the high dose Hyrdoxocoblamin B12 therapy. I can only find articles which mention up to 10,000 mcg per week. I have read somewhere that people with cfs have high levels of toxins in their brains, which could cause the fatigue and brain dysfunction. They apparently use B12 to detoxify the brain. The more toxins there are, the more B12 molecules are needed to detoxify the system, I think. My doctor does have me on ant-candida diet, magnesium, selenium, iron and DHEA supplements which I am deficient of. I am also taking Enada. I really have to try to go back to work, since I have been off 9 weeks on sick leave. I only work 2 days a week and I dont want to lose my job. That is why I am a little desperate to get better within next 3 weeks I hope.

Lonnye- thankyou for your input.I see you are taking Methylcoblamin. I dont know which is better. I am not sure about these cc measurements. Do you actually get the 10,000 mcg in 1cc. I hope my needles are fine, I dont like the pain either. Does the pain depend on the amount you are injecting at the time? I am hoping my husband will give me the injection. Are you feeling any difference in your fatigue?

Thanks

Satin
  6. jedinvest

jedinvest New Member

There is the hydroxyl form and the cyano form (sorry I don't memorize the full names). The former is considered safer but burns somewhat both during and significantly after it is injected. The cyano form has cyanide (in a captured form) which sounds like it could be toxic; but is it really? It doesn't burn at all.

Seems like a tough choice between the two.
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have not noticed any burning from the hydroxycobalamin injections. I do use fine needle syringes.

Barbara