Update on my cataract surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I called the eye clinic this morning--my vision was not getting better. They told me to come in right away.

Turns out everything is healing good but I have a chunk of inflammation still left in my eye so that is causing my vision to not be clear yet.

The doctor increased one of my eye drops from once a day to every 2 hours for today. He is hoping this will blast out the junk. If no improvement by tomorrow, I need to call them back for Plan B.

My jobs are being very nice--they understand that we all heal in different time frames.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm glad to hear your eye clinic is responsive to you! Hopefully the extra drops will take care of the inflammation.

Jaminhealth did a post about cataract remedies (I know you've had the surgery already) - but one of the products that came up was called n-acetylcarnosine drops, supposed to be a powerful anti-oxidant and help dissolve cataracts.

What I'm wondering is, if the drops the doctor has you on doesn't solve your inflammation problem, he or she might consider the n-acetylcarnosine drops. There's an article on PubMed, the government website, about clinical trial using these drops, showing they were effective: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19503764

Keep us posted -

3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am happy you went to your doctor. I had both eye's done last year and cannot believe the difference! Still have to wear glasses for some slight bluriness, but it is HEAVEN!

With my first eye, I developed a 'cramp' in my eye. Scared me! My doctor said it was very rare, and dialated my eye's again. It was gone! Second one, the following week with no problem's!

I hope your situation clear's up quickly so you can enjoy your new vision!