Update on my cuddle ewe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyblues68, Jul 15, 2003.

1. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I have had it for a week now. I will never give this thing up. Guys...I know this is not cheap for a lot of us, but if you can managed to try it. It's well worth the money. Especially if it helps you. My husband has even mentioned how comfortable it is.

Is the pain gone...no way. Is it better? I say yes because I can get up out of bed in the morning without wanting to cry. My ackiness is minimal...and I'm not having to take my pain pill before I get out of bed.

This product helps to support and distribute body weight away from pressure points and tender points, which relieves pain in joints and soothes aching muscles. It's amazing it just wool. Also another thing about wool...it's suppose to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I have an awful time regulating my body temp. I go from freezing cold to fire hot. I haven't been messing up the covers since I got my CE. I know this because DH always complains because one minitue I'm pulling the covies. The next throwing them on him. I didn't even think of this being a benefit when I ordered it.

For those of you who need that heat all the time. Shirl has a 'mattress heating pad' on hers. That sounds wonderful to have the warmth on top of the comfort.

I give this product (cuddle ewe and wool pillow) thumbs up.

Hope this helps someone.

Tammy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  2. starstella

starstella New Member

I have a single bed size cuddle ewe. I have even taken it with me for an overnight trip when I know that the mattress is too hard.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so thrilled to hear how much you like your Cuddle Ewe. I would throw the husband out if necessary, and keep the Cuddle Ewe :)

The CC is enough to make you want to run out and buy Sheep, so you can stuff all the furniture in the house with that wonderfully soft wool!

My husband does not like anything on the bed except a extra firm mattress, so since I have a Queen Size Cuddle Ewe, I doubled it, believe me its really is 'double the pleasure'. I sink in it, and its sooo soft and cuddly.

The mattress heating pad is great in the morning before I get out of the bed, I turn it on for an hour and the gentle heat even gets rid of the stiffness. Love that too.

Thanks for sharing your good experience.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

LOL...LOL...LOL...I love the buying a sheep idea. Hmmm...A cuddle ewe line of furniture. That's an idea! I'd buy it!

Great idea to turn the heater pad on in the morning. I don't think I could sleep on the heat all night. Is it warmer than a waterbed? That's what I just changed from.

Tammy

5. I assume this cuddle ewe is put under you on the mattress, not a cover? Confused here? If so does this affect how the sheets fit on the bed? Can someone pls tell me also where the cheapest one to buy is? Thanks.
    Fibrobutterfly
  6. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

You can get it at the store here or a the cuddle ewe site. After shipping there is about a dollar in difference. You can try ebay, but you don't have the option to return the product if not satisfied. It's a wool quilted topper. It goes on top of the mattress.

I already had deep pocket sheets and they fit fine over all of it. If you don't have deep pocket sheets or don't want to invest in new ones...you could get a couple of Featherbed Covers that are 100% Cotton. The quilt topper fits right in it. It could be used as your bottom sheet. You can get these at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Tammy
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I would not have a 'clue' what kind of heat there is in a waterbed, sorry.

The mattress heating pad has ten settings on it. I have it on low, its a very gentle heat, really like body heat after you are in a cold bed for a little while and your body warms it. Not hot like a regular heating pad.

I have those nightsweats too, I know what you mean about being hot at night. I keep the a/c down to about 65 at nightime.
    I like the room cold, and then in the morning I turn the mattress pad on without moving too much in the bed :) I have the switch right on the back of the bed so I can just reach up and hit the button.

Hope this helps............

Shalom, Shirl

8. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    I would love to get a heating pad and the Cuddle thingy.
    Maybe at Christmas :)
    But for now I use my electric blanket. I haven't tried it in the AM before I get up, but during the day I turn it on and lie on it....sigh ...it really relaxes the muscles.
    They say not to lie on top of it, but I have for a year now so.....
    It's a cheap alternative if you already have the electric blanket!
    Ziggy
  9. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

should have compared it to a heating pad. Not everyone has slept on a waterbed or still have them for that fact.

I think you told me but not sure. Where did you get yours?

Tammy
  10. wings1

wings1 New Member

My dh and I have been talking about getting the Cuddle Ewe for awhile now. Thanks for all the info. I think I will get one. And thanks for the tip on where to get sheets and such. As you can tell by the time, I am not sleeping well or I wouldn't be up typing this. My clock says 2am. It posts different. LOL

God Bless You,
    Wings1
  11. sofy

sofy New Member

I had to give up wearing wool a rew years ago. Even my heavy cotton turtlenecks that I use to wear under my wool sweaters dont keep my back from itching once I lean back in a chair.

Cuddle ewe is wool. Do you think this is going to be a problem? A sheet is pretty thin and would not be enough protection for me.

I have an electric warming mattress pad but would prefer not to have all that electrical stimulation surrounding my body. I dont think they are good for us but then I cant live with the shivering all night in the winter either.
  12. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Tammy I got the mattress heating pad from Penny's, but Sears and Wal-Mart have them online also Spiegels.

There are two kinds, one is 'wireless', the other has wires in it. Just ask when you call. Both are good, I have one of each :) Footnote; the mattress heating pads have an 'automatic' shut off after 10 hours (good for the Fibro foggy brains).

As for the waterbed, the only reason I never tried one was because of a bad back along with the FM, so I was always told to get the extra firm posturepedic mattresses.

Both my son's have waterbeds in their homes. When they were home I was always worried about a tear in them (the boys wanted them), as we always had large dogs that think our beds are theirs too..

I know lots of people love their waterbeds, I have no problem with them, but not for me and my furkids.

Sofy the ticking on the Cuddle Ewe is pretty thick, plus you are also putting a sheet over it, BUT if you are very allergic I don't know what to tell you.

I can't wear wool next to my skin either. I do wear the sweaters, but need to put a cotton blouse under them.

Are you allergic to feathers? You next best choice would be a Featherbed, they are also soft and warm in winter, cool in summer.

QVC has a new one out that is 'uncrushable', I also have one of those :)( every bed in this house has a featherbed and one with the Cuddle Ewe!), its also great and comes with its own envelope cover, this one does not go 'flat'.

Ziggy, I never used a heating blaket, but if I would have thought of it I would have done what you do! That sounds like a good idea .

By the way, I asked my husband about the electricty with the mattress pad, he does not think it will cause a problem as the microfilm that is in the wireless are not suppose to be harmful. But hay, what the heck can you do? I will take my chances, it beats being in pain and the darn stiffness.

Hope this helps ladies.............

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 07/16/2003]
  13. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i have been thinking of buying one...when i get 200$ but my question is, since it's wool...does it scratch or itch? i cant wear wool...i would imagine it's the soft kind
    thanks
    alice
  14. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

How long does it feel cozy? Does it still feel good after it has been crushed down with time?

I sleep on a 4 inch Nasa foam topper, then a feather bed on top of that, then with a plain wool pad on top of that and it is still too hard for me.

In your experience, whaddya think? I just nothing going to work for me?

Aeryn
  15. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Alice, it has a good ticking covering the wool, it does not scratch or itch. You have the covering and your sheet between you and the wool.

Aeryn, I have mine about 6 weeks, so far it is find, I think turning it, and having someone shake it like you do a featherbed once in awhile will help it not to crush down.

I do know what you mean about getting confortable with this ilness. I have a extra firm mattress (bad back besides the FM), then the Cuddle Ewe (I have a queen size on a twin size bed, so I have it doubled), then a mattress heating pad on top of this and a 310 count sheet on all of the above, and a down conforter for cover! Everything is kitten soft.

I used to get brush burns from sheets, from turning so much at night, so got the best quality of sheet I could afford. Believe it or not, I used to wear the sheets out from turning so much.

Heres some of the information on the Cuddle Ewe from the 'Store' link, you can go there for more information or call Pro Health and ask questions too.

Shalom, Shirl

How To Order Satisfaction Guarantee Security/Privacy

Cuddle Ewe Underquilt™ (Twin Size w/ Pillow)
    8 of 10 FM Patients Sleep Well on Cuddle Ewe

·Provides gentle, effective full body support
    ·Natural wool batting provides thick layers of comfort
    ·Maintains temperature and controls moisture
    ·Helps relieve morning stiffness and fatigue

Deep restorative sleep is elusive for so many chronically ill people. Cuddle Ewe™ underquilts, placed between your mattress and bottom sheet, provide gentle, effective support and simultaneously distribute your body weight away from painful tender points and sensitive joints to promote a more restorative night’s rest.
    Research Studies Confirm Benefits of Cuddle Ewe™
    A survey of Cuddle Ewe™ customers showed that 78.48% of fibromyalgia patients reported significant pain relief as well as substantially more restful, restorative sleep with their Cuddle Ewe™ Underquilt. Reported customer responses were further substantiated by separating the clinically, or physician diagnosed fibromyalgia customers, from the self-diagnosed customers. A total of 643 responses from clinically diagnosed customers were received or a 40.1% response rate. Customers reported relief from soft tissue muscle pain, tender point muscle pain, fatigue, morning stiffness, lack of restful and restorative sleep, and not sleeping through the night when they used a Cuddle Ewe™ Underquilt.
    *Please see special warranty and shipping information below.

Product #: N0166P
    -

-

-

-

-

Why our Wool is Wonderful.
    Each Cuddle Ewe is 3 inches thick. Battened wool is a resilient, natural, weight supporting fiber with springy crimps that create substantial weight support. Wool is the most resistant of all natural fibers and can be stretched to 140% of their original length, and can even be stretched 20,000 times before they break. Almost four pounds of pure wool per square yard goes into each underquilt, which is easily 40% more than the amount used in the heaviest ‘luxury’ wool mattress pad you’ll find in stores or catalogs. Cuddle Ewe™ quilts will support and cocoon you like no other material, natural or synthetic.

Natural wool also breathes, and allows you to regulate temperature and moisture, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer for a very comfortable night’s sleep. The fibers of sheep’s wool are filled with countless air spaces. This captured air acts as a buffer to changes in temperature. Wool also absorbs moisture and lets it evaporate into the air without feeling wet to the skin. As that wool absorbs your water vapor, air circulating through it continually disperses the moisture by evaporation. So in hot weather, your skin and sheets remain dry, you stay cooler, and sleep more soundly.

Cuddle Ewe™ is so Easy to Use
    Using the underquilt is simple. It is placed directly on your mattress, under your bottom sheet. It won’t move about or slide off because its own weight and your bottom sheet (either fitted or non-fitted) anchor it in place. Your top sheet and other bed covers are made up in the usual manner.

Satisfied Customers Say:
    "Getting into bed at night is almost a reward. My bed has now become a haven of comfort, a welcome relief for aching muscles and a fatigued body and soul." --Susan A, Corona Del Mar, CA

"Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Cuddle Ewe™ . Last night I slept the best I have in I don't know how long... I just sunk in the bed and it seemed to absorb the pain... Words cannot tell how much this means to me... I know when the pain gets so intense I will just go in my bedroom and lie down on my Cuddle Ewe™ underquilt. I have never done this because the bed was not a good place for me but for the first time in many, many years, I feel better when I am in there on my bed. Thank you for this most wonderful of all gifts." - Dee, February 7, 2001

"Thank you for giving me my active life back. I have never experienced such immediate relief of the muscle pain I have had for years. It is a miracle!!" - Nancy B., Ruidoso, NM, October 2, 2000

Dr. Laura Says:
    "Cuddle Ewe Underquilts get an A+"

Dr. Laura C. Schlessinger recommends Cuddle Ewe underquilts for a good night's rest for those suffering with FM: "Cuddle Ewe delivers noninvasive, clinically tested relief. People tell me they get real symptomatic relief from the discomfort of FM and rate it 'A+'."

Order today and receive a FREE Copy of "The Fibromyalgia Help Book" or Free Standard Sized Wool Pillow Valued at $28.00