Update on my dad- Prayers for Heart surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Pasted from a previous thread. To all praying thank you

Sorry everything is just so hectic with me this weekend I can't think.
    My Dad is so stubborn so after the angiogram said he needs a quadrupal bipass he said he wanted to go home and get things in order before he has the surgery.
    One of the things that went wrong was that they damaged the syotic (misspelled) nerve in his back and they cut off circulation in his right leg for 45 minutes during the procedure. They were really worried that they could not get a blood pressure back in the leg it was totally blue.

Since then he has had nothing but problems with the leg, not only does he have this with his heart he now has to worry about lossing his leeg over the test. I had him in the ER on Saturday for 10 hours and then also in there on Sunday for another 6. He is in alot of pain with the leg and it is just making matters worse.

Not only all that I had to wheel my mom in a wheel chair during the time my dad was in the ER because she wanted to see him or she wanted some coffee or lunch etc, so I took her. I needed to be in the wheel chair myself let alone having to help my mom, but I grinned and beared it.

After leaving the ER on Saturday my stubborn father had to go to the grocery store. I understand they need groceries and everything but he insisted that he needed to go in and get them. Above all he wanted to walk and I said "NO WAY" "I spent 10 hours in the ER just now you are not going in their without an electric cart then- no walking I do not want to go back tonight in the ER for 10 more hours". He said that he would be imbarrassed I told him who cares. He actually listened. So I drove the car up to the front of the store and took him in. Got him the electric cart and waited for him to finish and did it in reverse.

Like I said we went back again on Sunday too.

I am just worn out. I wish my sister who lives closer to my parents would help out. She came to the hospital but was 3 hours later (because she had to do her hair and put on makeup first, too afraid of who was going to see her) and all she was was on the phone to her friends about boo hoo for her and how stress out she was etc, etc blah, blah, blah. All about her. I just hate people like that. Then she left after she found out that my parents wanted her to take them home, because then all of the sudden her children needed her. (the children that I have the picture of in my profile are her's)She went home and then after I got everything done and got home she had her daughter call (who is 4- who I can't say no to, asking if she could spend the night.) of course I could not say no and I had to go get her 45 minutes away and then take her to my house another 45 minutes and then give her a bath and put her to sleep. End of night.

Next morning I get a call that my dad needed to go in again. My eyes were so swollen it looked like I was in a fight, but no makeup and no hair combed I went in again to my parents aid. Left my kids in charge of the little ones (my neice and nephew-yes both of them came over) and went to the hospital again.

I came home yesterday and just wanted to cry. I was in so much pain. Not only did the stress bring it on but all the work in helping my parents out. They really knew it was a toll on me and apologized but it is not their fault. I just need to kick my brother and sister into gear to help me out too.

Anyways that is why I have not posted yet, trying to wake up and trying to get through today.

Thank you for the prayers they are so much needed right now. Thank you for thinking about me.

Your friend,

Christina
  2. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

'Wonderful' is a more appropriate word. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. I hope you can get the rest you need so you can recuperate from all you are dealing with. It is taking a toll on your poor body.

Tender heart hugs,
    Maree
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Christina,
    I'm so sorry about your Dad and about what you are having yo go through. I just wanted to let you know that I care about you too. I guess only people who have 'been there' really understand the level of pain and fatigue.
    I hope you can, as you put,it kick your brother and sister into gear. You need help. You can't do it all.

Take care of yourself.

Kathy.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what a terrible time for all of you.

I know how you feel being the member of the family who has everything land on them while the others sit back and watch.

It's not fair and it happens so often.

I hope you take good care of yourself too.

love Rosie
  5. ThinkPostive

ThinkPostive New Member

Thank you for the update.

My heart breaks for you as I know what it is like to ALWAYS be the strong one! I know in my heart you will make it though this but at a cost to you. Please let your family at home know that when this has quited down YOU WILL NEED TO REST.

Just know that we are all out here praying for you and your family. I am sending you the strength to kick your brother and sister into helping or taking turns helping your parents, after all your parents are the ones that brought them into the world!

By the way, your niece and newphew are beautiful!

Cheri