Update On My Dad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Sep 2, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

My Dad Checked Himself into the local Nursing home ,,,,,,,,,Something Happened at the Sisters house and so He just decided on his own to Go and HE Did!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My Brother Tried to Talk Him out of it and to come and live with them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dad said No way That He is Ready to Go there ,,,,,,,,,So,,,,,,It is what it is! I'm on my way tonight to see him ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He will Get Therapy for his ribs and Plus he Knows everyone there Because Mom was there! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's a very Quaint little place only 40 beds,,,so small town atmosphere and the Gals that work there are really nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This little place is located on top of a hill! literally ,,,,so the whole valley can be seen Below,,,,,,+ all the Mountian views,,,,,,,,,and to Top it all off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My Daughters Dog Teal (Black Lab ) 11 years old Got into some Rat poisen at the Neighbors house and had to have surgery,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,She first had a Grandmal seizure and then They had to take out her spleen and a kidney!.........................2 days later the blood tests came back and they said the dog is full of cancer and only has 3 months to live!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So needless to say she's beside Herself! (My Daughter!) fun Week!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for Reading this!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Trouble seems to come in bunches sometimes. I am sending up a little prayer.

Love, Mikie
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It actually sounds like it might be a good move for your dad...what do you think? Sounds like a nice place that you all know about already. Just me looking from the outside, though. Is your sister upset? ARe you?

Daughter's puppy....)-: Praying for her and for all of you.

Praying for your family...lots of upheaval right now...like Mikie says...it comes in bunches.

Take care of yourself, Sis...you need to be strong to go through all of this...don't want you down and out.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks!! I appreciate your prayers and support! Yeah,,,,i was thinkin the same thing! trouble does come in bunches sometimes!

Just not Quite sure how to feel about Dad! I love him and don't want to see him there but theres nothin i can do! but to be supportive to him! ,,,,,,,,,,,Sue ,,,,Thanks for your prayers and support,,,,,,

I'm not up set about Dad going there it's just that my sister has a Bipolar disorder that she refuses to accept and/or get any medical help for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So needless to say She has and still does at the age of 54,,,,,abuses all family members Emotionaly,,,and Verbaly,,,,,,,

I Finaly ended my relationship with her 1 year ago just to have peace of mind,,,,,,Don't know how her Husband puts up with it! He's a well mannered wonderful person who would give you the shirt off his back!,,,,,,,,,,,,Venting!

[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2007]
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Can you visit your Dad regularly? I wouldn't want to go to a nursing home, but it sounds better than living w/ your sister and her illness.

Does he like your cookies?

All the best.

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Concern and support! I just returned home from seeing Dad,,,and will be going up there alot now! I'ts only an hour away (Driveing),,,,,,,,,,,,,He's doin O'k,,,,sort of sad,,,,,,,But i will cheer him up!,,,,,,,Walking with the walker,,,,Behaving himself!

Yep He likes my cookies,,,lolol! but he will only eat one! you know like (Potatoe chips) Lolol!,,,,,,,,if i seem to not be here off and on it's because i'm with him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Love,,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2007]
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

one good thought is atleast your father got to choose where he went to and none of you kiddos have to feel any guilt that it was not good enough place for him...maybe when he gets better he w/feel like moving back w/one of you.

osrry about the you dog...sad!